Chapter Sixty | Second World

Start from the beginning

And Hisaya, whose heart had constricted, returned to normal as he shook his head, wanting to scold the man. Instead, he sighed but played along, "I'm not sure, perhaps I'll just have to move in with you." He shrugged and Ryoichi grinned.

"What a great suggestion of yours, baby."

Though the older man was seemingly becoming cheekier and cheekier, Hisaya couldn't bring himself to be anything but happy, because that's what it genuinely seemed like Ryoichi was too. Compared to what it was like when they first met, and how the memories depicted him, he was now completely different. He was relaxed, and Hisaya didn't doubt that his lover's focus was on him and Asahi at the moment; pushing aside work when possible.

They both sat and ate for a while, laughing with each other and flirting as a couple on their honeymoon would. But underneath it all, though clear they still had an air of 'their first night together', the way they sat so comfortably around each other, how they spoke and made little quips back and forth, showed a maturity in their relationship. One that would be expected from a couple who had been with each other for many years. They blended so well together, and not just because of the titles that were given to them in the current world.

After eating, Hisaya took his older lover's hand and they made their way to the shower. Spending some time in there, the sound of someone really enjoying their shower echoed from the steamed-up bathroom. When the pair emerged, they were mutually flushed, sharing a few kisses as they got dressed.

When Hisaya eventually got round to turning on his phone, he was inundated. It took a good couple of minutes for it to stop vibrating with the amount of messages and emails that came through. He quickly guessed what the situation was- made easier when one of the major headlines flashed up on the screen notifying him of what it was. He'd given the Pantheon the freedom to release the article whenever they finished tying everything together, he'd have expected them to take a few more days, but clearly they were just as eager to release the details as Hisaya and his team were to hand it over.

Glancing over to Ryoichi, who was dabbing some aftershave on, Hisaya didn't doubt that the man was aware of the situation. It was likely what had him up so early in the first place. But seeing as the television had been off, and the music that was playing at breakfast was from a CD and not radio, clearly his lover was trying to keep him from hearing about it until they finished enjoying their morning together.

Due to the sheer amount of evidence that had been found against Hiromasa, The Pantheon had struggled with how to display it all. They knew if they put it in the newspaper it would end up taking over all the pages; which would have been great if they didn't have sponsorships they needed to put in. So instead, on the front page, and the main headline that was going around the internet and catching people's eye, was 'Kazuki Hiromasa; the child groomer.'

And damn, did it do the trick. The detailed evidence was on the Pantheon's website, and at the side it showed how many views that one article had accumulated since it's posting- and it was a considerable amount. In just under an hour, it hit over 3.4 million reads. And just in the time that it took Hisaya to flick through, another million was added to it.

Everything was on it, in broad, clear outlines. If there was ever a time when someone would question something they were reading, if ever there was any doubt of its credibility, it was quickly followed with concrete evidence.

"You've done a good job." Ryoichi acknowledged, eyeing his lover who was rooted to his phone's screen. He slowly walked over and gave Hisaya a kiss on the cheek from behind, not wanting to obstruct his view of the article which he had been tirelessly working on for some time.

"Thanks," Hisaya leant back into the man's warm embrace, "How's his stock looking?" Confident Ryoichi would already know the most important details.