I didn't even say another word as I flopped down on my bed, pulling the covers over my half naked body, since I was only wearing a nightgown.

And I nearly jumped when I felt the bed dip beside me, before Thomas's scent surrounded me. My eyes flashed open again and I found him lying next to me just as his hand reached out to touch my face. "That was not an invite for you to sleep next to me."

"It could have been interpreted differently and I took it that way," he said, folding his arm under his head. "I really have missed you, Princess."

"I'm tired, Thomas, so leave," I muttered. "Go back to Ursula."

Although I regretted my words as soon as they escaped. Since I didn't want him to go to her.

"I mean don't. Don't go to her. Or do." Then I cursed under my breath, "Fućk. I don't know."

Thomas braced a hand on my waist, offering me a soft smile. "As much as I hate it when you swear and as badly as it affects me, I'm going to let that go since I understand your anger for me."

"If you understand it so well then why don't you just leave? I'm serious, Thomas."

"Deidre, we need to talk."

"Well, it's a little too late for that. Besides, we are not friends not anything so you don't have the right to talk to me."

"But strangers also talk."

I narrowed my eyes at him, not amused. "Leave."

I shut my eyes, only to let out a frustrated sound when he spoke again. "All my life, I have wanted to get away from my family. I have thought of every single thing to do to get away, to finally move away and have a life of my own. But I have always known that I can't do that."

What is this story time telling?

"And why not?" I dared to ask.

"I don't know if you know this, but my family rules this pack. They have a power so immense that nothing can defeat it. No one can go against them. It is like they are indestructible."

"Why have you wanted to get away from them?"

"I guess you can say that they have never... cared for me. Even though I spent all my earlier years trying to make them like me, even if it didn't work. I began to realize that as I grew older, understanding that they don't give a single crap about me. But I guess in my family, no one gives a crap about anyone. There has never been any love, care... just nothing. All they care about is some fućked up power."

"You think that they don't love you?"

Thomas gave me a second glance, sighing. "I know that they don't. But it's not like I am upset about it, I am used to it. I have come to accept them as to who they are and it's fine. Besides, I have much more important people who I care about."

"You have people who care about you too," I whispered, turning so I was lying on my side.

"You mean you?" he questioned, the corners of his mouth twitching.

I heaved out a breath, staring down at our now joined hands. He laced his fingers with mine, his eyes staring at me so intensely. "Thomas—"

"I missed you, Deidre. I really did miss you. And I care about you too."

"If you really did so then you wouldn't have gone to Ursula. You wouldn't have betrayed my trust like that." I turned around so my back was facing him now. "You can leave now. Go to her since I'm sure that you really want that."

A soft gasp escaped my lips as he suddenly wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me to his hard chest. "She doesn't mean anything to me."

I didn't answer as I simply squeezed my eyes shut.