Chapter 16

*SLIGHT MATURE CONTENT*

Word count: 3824

DEIDRE

I slumped down on my bed as I felt tired as ever. Since I had not gotten pretty much any sleep the night before so it was hard to keep my eyes open.

And of course I still missed Thomas, so that made my heart ache.

I buried my face in my pillow, shutting my eyes. And just like that sleep came, letting me fall into a deep slumber.

I had a nice dream, one that was invaded of Thomas.

Although I jumped awake as I felt a hand clamp over my mouth.

My eyes flashed open, breath getting stuck in my throat as I looked up. But I could not see the person's face since it was too dark in the room and I could not see a thing.

My breathing grew heavy as I kept staring, fear lacing inside me. And I didn't even seem to think twice as I suddenly twisted, kicking my foot in the person's stomach.

"What the hell, Deidre?"

My eyes widened at the sound of Thomas's voice, confusion plastering all over my face. "Thomas? What? Is that you?"

"Yes. Jesus, you hit really hard," he muttered.

I rubbed my eyes, trying to get the sleep out of my eyes. "What on earth are you doing here?"

He stood in front of me as I stood up, standing just a step away from him. "We need to talk."

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me? You honestly couldn't think of a better way to talk to me? You couldn't have found another way to do that instead of breaking into my home, my bedroom? How did you get in even?"

Thomas scratched the back of his neck, pointing to my window. "Through your window. I used my claws to slide it open so it was pretty damn easy."

Casual. That was how he was being about it.

So damn casual.

"You can't just break into someone's house! Especially in the middle of the night!"

"I wanted to be spontaneous," he spoke with a grin, taking a step closer.

"Why are you here, Thomas?" I asked, folding my arms over my chest, but I guess I didn't even notice that I was not wearing anything under it. So if I folded my arms then it would just push my breasts up, showing him some clear things.

He blew out a breath, reaching out his hand to touch my cheek. "Deidre, I miss you."

"You already said that yesterday," I muttered.

"But it was the truth. I miss you, Deidre. So damn much that it's killing me. It's killing me, staying away from you."

"Thomas, we are not friends anymore. I made it clear to you that we are absolutely nothing, you need to understand that. And honestly, why can't you understand that I don't even want to be around you nor speak with you?"

"I don't want to be just friends. We established that we were more than that with everything that we did."

I sighed, reluctantly leaning into his touch. "That changed when you decided to go to Ursula, that was when you ruined everything. But Thomas, you need to leave."

"I'm not going anywhere so don't bother trying."

I was just about to protest, but didn't because I knew that there would be no point to it. "Fine. Stay, but I am not going to give you any attention. Because I am honestly too tired to deal with you."