Chapter 12

Word count: 3546

DEIDRE

I groaned at the pain in my head, feeling as if I wanted to throw up.

And in a second, the guard had gripped onto the collar of my shirt before yanking me off the ground. I was on my knees, them harshly connecting with the floor.

The guard was treating me as if I was some ragged doll.

I was in too much of a shock to comprehend what was happening.

"Those who break the rules, shall be punished," he said, his voice sounding dark.

I didn't understand a thing.

"Hold up! What do you think you are doing?" Robert questioned as he tried to interfere, but was stopped by another guard grabbing him.

"She broke the rules. And rule breakers will be punished. That is the rule."

"She didn't do anything. You can't punish her for something she probably didn't do."

The guard glared at Robert, holding a stick in his hand. And I recognized it immediately as an electroshock stick that on the first day, a guard had used on a student.

"Oh, we can. I don't know if you are aware, but rule breaking is the most serious crime here."

"She hasn't done anything!" Robert shouted, trying to free herself. "Let her go. Let her the fućk go, before you honestly get badly injured. And I don't mean by just me."

"Stand back," the guard demanded. And I screamed out as he grabbed a hold of my hair harshly. "You will be punished for your crimes."

"What—" I was cut off when I felt horrific pain at my side, causing a strained cry to escape my lips.

I nearly dropped to the floor, but the rough grip at my hair prevented that.

"No talking," he spoke, pressing the stick to my side once more, sending electricity running through my body again.

I could feel the tears burning in my eyes.

And it made me cry even harder when he did it again.

I dropped to the hard floor when he let go of my hair, my body connected with the ground, head slamming against it once more.

I felt it again and again. The electricity.

In the end, tears were spilling down my cheeks. "Stop. Please, stop," I pleaded, only to receive a hard kick to my side.

I noticed that he had hit me with it.

A voice in the back of my head was crying so hard. Desirée.

I heard my friends shouting, but they were blocked out.

That was until I heard the loudest growl ever.

"Shit is about to go down," Desirée spoke up.

And when I looked up, I found Thomas standing in the cafeteria doorway.

And I had never seen him look so angry.

His eyes were purely black as he stared at me, at the scene where I was involved in.

And in a second, he had stalked over to us, before he was standing right in front of the guard. "What the fućk do you think you are doing?"

I couldn't help but notice how the guard seemed to swallow hard. Fear flashed in his eyes. "My job. Get out of the way."

"She hasn't fućking done anything so leave her alone." Then my eyes widened as he gripped onto the guard's neck before lifting him off the ground. "How dare you hurt her?"