Dead Mate

Bodies lay on every inch around the residence, some pilled up like cloths over one another while some lay alone.

Dripping crimson hit the floor with soft thuds, trailing over their breathless and lifeless bodies.

The residence could only be considered as a vampire's heaven.

No life was alive in each chamber of the house, looking as if the one who had attacked had taken every breath with them.

Maids to the butlers, guests to the owner of the house, even he laid lifeless, eyes open and endearingly soft for the one they were stuck at. His lips adore a smile directed only towards the one the brutal attacker forgot to take the soul of.

In all the halted and frozen heartbeats, she lay with a thumbing chest.

Blood adore her body like wrapped up in the petals of a delicate rose, her hair towering her in a light halo, she was just what she looked like.

A small fragile woman in between the breath of brutal and obsessed wolves and vampires.

The only way of her sanity in this residence was her mate who lay besides her now, hand tightly grasping hers even in the moment of death as his last words and smile was spinning around her and only for her.

They said he was possessive, cruel and bloodthirsty.

But for her, he was a tender, soft hearted and loving. She was the only one who got to see this side of him.

But now, he was no longer here. His heart was no longer beating, the one that always beat for her now refuse to even drum.

She knew he will never come back, despite what he was and how powerful he was, he would never come back.

And now she's human and alone in between thousands of hybrids and species, those who will rip her apart with just a single movement.

Creak

Her head snaps up at the newly diffused voice at the silence of the death.

Thud

Her slowing heart picks up its pace as fear crawl her numb body.

The voice still continues, now closer.

Thud

Thud

Thud

And then they finally tap her eardrums.

The whispers

It sounded like multiple clicks of soles roaming the whole residence, checking for a breath that still lives.

And no doubt, they will soon find one. They will soon find her and might also him.

Her twitching hand raise automatically to rest on her stomach, fingers fisting her shirt as a newly fresh set of crystal tears form in her eyes.

Their footsteps drew close and she shut close her eyes in fear, body and mind enable to process or do anything to save herself.

'I'm sorry.' She cries to her mate that layed next to her. 'I'm so sorry.... that i could not save us.'

His last words and wish was now a heavy burden over her shoulders. Only if she was not just a pathetic human...

She finally felt the lingering footsteps enter the dimply lit room and her eyelids further tightens around one another.

Her back now ache from leaning on the wall for what she might think as hours now but she still keeps still, praying that whoever these people were would not pick up the beat of her heart and leave her alone to die in the arms of her mate.

But like predicted, that was not the case, and she felt it when one of them comes to a halt in the toes of her feets.

"Hyung..." The voice speaks up to his other followers. "You wanna see this."

Not needing more, she heard other steps approaching her and she soon felt figures towering over her.

Her eyes flutter open, the little hope inside her fully gone as she saw many pair of legs covered in black leather pants in front of her.

Her lips part as she exhale and her eyes slowly turn to trail up towards the faces of these owners.

Three males stood before her, eyes bewildered and mouth parted at their discovery. Their bodies were adored by black darkness, shoulders wide and composed, they looked like they were in control and that made her turn her gaze away from them and back to the floor.

'Run away from here...find shelter and keep yourself safe. I'll always be here with you, inside of you.' His bloodied hand taps her heart as he says those words.

"She is alive.." One of them whisper over her.

"That is impossible."

Their whispers had her hand tightening around her mate's and she shifts her eyes towards his lifeless once. Her act does not goes unnoticed and the three males turn their heads towards the dead male too.

That is when they finally noticed the once alpha's presence. The blood pooling around him and his halted chest gives away his condition.

"He is dead." The gruff voice of one of the males states and the other two sighs almost in fatigue at the word that were spoken aloud.

The lying female flinch at his rough words and her eyes bore further into her mate's, wanting him to just get up and tell these ruthless creatures that he was not dead, that he still hold the power he once had.

But she knew he would not, cause the fact of his absence is now slowly drowning on her.

He indeed is really gone and dead.

A tear slips past her soft lids.

The sudden pick of her heart beat drums in their ears and they bring back their attention to her.

The way this woman held on to his hand, the way she cried for him and did not leave his side, all these fact pointed towards once direction.

She was his mate.

Their eyes widen. "The last human girl." One of them exclaim, mouth parted in awe.

The female further duck her head away from them, wanting to hide from their piercing gaze.

They know who she is now.

"What should we do with her now?" One of them questions and some seconds of silence falls in between them, that is until the owner of the gruff voice speaks again.

"We're taking her home."

-------------------

Oii the first official chapter of this book. This baby took me a week to edit and now its finally up.

I hope you guys like the new plot and support this book as much as you support the others.

Leave many love in your way.

💜