The Last Human

A rough aesthetic for this and a few future chapters to come

————————-

The carriage strides across the road, the pitter patter of horses tied to it dragging it along with them. The little window on her side of the carriage is closed, preventing her from seeing the outside world.

Y/n sits small in her place, one hand pulling the edge of her dress over her exposed knees while the other tightly clutches the vial Jin gave her. Her heart beats in her throat, and she is pretty sure the man who is with her can hear it too.

Taehyung is on the other side, sitting on the right end of the luxurious carriage while he gazes outside with a blank expression on his sculptured face. His long legs, compare to her tiny folded ones are spreading, his knee also bumping hers.

It makes her turn even more tiny in her place, scared of his proximity. Though the man gives her no attention, Y/n is actually grateful for it.

He speaks no words, compared to his brother Jimin, who openly makes his intentions clear. Taehyung on the other hand is always quiet. And that is more horrifying for her than anything. He can do anything to her out of nowhere and she won't even have the time to run for it.

His dark piercing gaze flashes before her eyes, causing a shiver to run down her spine. The weather doesn't help her either. The wind is almost icy, and while she might be a little bit warm inside the carriage, the outside world is harshly cold against her sensitive skin.

In moment like these, do they remind her of her mate. The man who used to wrap her gently in his warm arms with a blanket over his shoulders and they would cuddle the cold nights away.

Her eyes turn distant, shoulders relaxing a bit at the memory. Soft scent of roses diffuse the whole carriage that instant, causing the man to finally shift his gaze towards her.

The scent prickles his nose and he looks away from her dazed figure. He spreads his legs a bit more, his knee softly bumping hers for a second. But that is enough to tense her up again.

The scent of fluffy roses instantly shifts into them rotting and Taehyung's whole figure eases up again.

Clutching her dead mate's necklace in her palm, she prays for this ride to finally be over. She cannot sit in this small space with him anymore.

Her heart painfully squeezes in her chest as she thinks of the big trial that already awaits her in the gathering.

What is she going to do?

The horses slows down and she gulps, dreading the minute the carriage will stop and the doors of it will be open for her to be used and dragged around anywhere Namjoon wants her.

She feels the panic approaching, the heaviness of it sitting over her already clogged throat. Her eyes stings in tears, and she starts to shake all over.