Undead

"How did you wake up?"

It is weird how he knows more than her but he is questioning her about it. How is she supposed to answer that?

When she herself don't know. A bite on the neck, especially one so deep that it breaks through so many cords and veins inside her skin should have killed her. She should be dead by now.

But now that she thinks about it herself, it's quite odd.

In so many occasions, she has ended up alive. Firstly, she should be dead that night when they were attacked and her mate died along with everyone present in the party. She, a human who everyone expected to give up first was the only one left.

But then again, these type of things happened to her ever since she was a budding child. So they don't surprise her anymore.

However, it has puzzled the vampire before her, as he stares at her with doubt in his beautifully colored eyes.

She can do nothing but stare back, face blank. She can still taste the blood on her tongue. It's not pleasing at all.

She breathes out through her nose, tense shoulders loosening up when she slightly shrugs, head looking away from him.

The man sighs, letting go of her hand. "Right. What was I even thinking?"

With that, he turns around and move back towards his seat where he was having his meal. Y/n silently walks out too, the way to her room now memorized in her head.

--

What do they want from her? They have mentioned her mate many times and there is no doubt that it is related to him. Jihyun lived a long life, his abilities making him immortal. Only God know how long him and these brothers go back.

Hybrids and other creatures took over the rule of humans hundreds of years ago, even ruling over the humans who created them through science and magic. They got so overpowered that it wasn't hard for humans who carried no special strength and ability to bow down to them.

That is how the doom of her kind started. Murders all around the world the moment they were seen. They became a plaything for these hybrids. And now, only one of them is left. And it's her.

Maybe the child in her womb is a human too. Maybe it will take after her and not Jihyun.

Just the thought of it sends shivers down her spine. She wishes that it's not a human. A small child can never survive the harsh this world has to offer.

Whatever it is, a boy or a girl, they are going to be the only heir of Jihyun, the man who was called the king of werewolves. Maybe when they grow up, they can take over the position their father left empty for them.

His face flash with many images on her mind and suddenly, the cold water that surrounds her inside the bath tub is not as freezing anymore.

His soft, young handsome face and gentle hands. His voice that used to shake the ground with how deep it was. Just a whisper from that man used to make her blush. And then she would turn even more red when he would grin mischievously at her, teasing her to no end.

Her first and last love. Her soulmate. The man who saved her and made her his.

Tears stream down her cheeks freely, the memories of them hunting her. He really took a huge piece of her and went his mary way, leaving her hollow. But then she thinks of the peace and smile in his eyes when she held him that night and counted his last breaths.

As long as he is at peace, she is ready to give him her whole.

The last time she felt him was in this exact spot, the cold corner of the bath tub that was so warm that time. His hands that rack through her hair and skin as he washed her. Maybe she imagined it, maybe it was real. Cause when she woke up, she was in bed when the last thing she remembers is fainting in the bathroom after throwing up.