Chapter 30

??? P.O.V.

Seriously, what was wrong with those people ?! Everyone was hiding dark secrets from everyone else, nobody tells the truth. In the end, Dream was right. Everyone was a traitor. But they didn't only betray each other, no, they were betraying themselves, too. Pretending that everything was alright, even though it obviously wasn't, they did their best, no matter the struggels they had to face. I think that this is why I'm secretly admiring them. They're still fighting, no matter how broken, how insane,  they were. And they managed to win, to brake through the chains of fate itself. She, of course, was furious as all of her tightly wrapped chains snapped, even mine. Sometimes I feel guilty about that. I hadn't fought, yet I was still somehow freed. And what did I do ? I immidiatly turned against my saviours once again, wanting to prove that I wasn't weak. That I wasn't just another broken toy. So Fate thinks that she can use me like a puppet, treat me like I'm nothing but a mistake ?! ...Am I though ? My victims went through so much, yet here I was, still torturing them further.

At first I thought that I couldn't feel, that I didn't even have the abbility to do so. That spreading insanity was my only purpose. But as time went on, I expierienced something unexpected. I started to actually care about a small group of people. And just like that, the other emotions started to pop up. Sadness, regret, p a i n. It hurted so badly, to finally realise all of your sins, all of your unforgivable mistakes. I realised what I did to the twins, to the Destroyer, to so many people. I can't do anything right, can I ? They were paying for my actions...

Maybe, just maybe, I could go and apoligize to them ? Oh, who am I kidding, they would start to hate me at first sight, just like everyone else. Right ? There were to many dangers, I would risk everything. The only people I could somehow relate to.

" I shouldn't be like this..: I'm supposed to be a heartless demon..."

" Don't worry, you alway were and alway will be. Everyone hates you, and they would, too. The world would be better without you. " , a random voice inside my head taunted me. Why ? Was I really insane ? Heh. Of course. Of course Insanity was insane. Lost within my own thoughts, I curled up inside this empty void, crying. Maybe I'll just fade, wouldn't it be better ?

Nightmares P.O.V.

Suddenly, I heard sobbing. The whimpers that only come from the most broken people. Who would be crying in such a dark place ? An aura of unberable sadness, hidden behind one of pure insanity, was located not far from here. Worried, I approached, just to find a sobbing ball of absolute despair.

 Worried, I approached, just to find a sobbing ball of absolute despair

Dreams P.O.V.

I blinked at the strange reflection, but it being a normal reflection, it only in blinked back in response. Was that my reflection ?! Why did it look so...goopy ? Weren't mirrors supposed to show what you look ike ? A terrible premonition creeped up, and I lifted up my hand, just to scream and stumble back in shock. It was coated in a layer of a familiar black liquid, made of it, even. How ?! What had happened back in that void ? The earlier urge to threw up made so much more sense now, but that was definitely not the issue right now. I somehow managed to get corrupted. What do I do ?! Ask Night for help ?! No, he would just blame himself again, and I knew that it wasn't. Whose was it though ? Mine ? No. It was Errors, he had driven me to do so. Maybe I should pay him a little visit, you know, showing him the consequences of his actions. That was going to be f u n. No, don't think like that ! Why not ? It was true, after all. Am I going insane ? Will they even accept me like this ? Will Nighty abandon me ? No. He wouldn't. But only if I prove him that I'm strong enough to protect him. The yellow light was glowing brighter again, and it seemed to be coming from my only visible eye, the other one was covered in pure darkness. Was I even strong enough to beat a God of Destruction ? I looked at the bow worriedly, maybe you can use it to fight from far away, but surely not in a hallway. I unconciously thought back to the times of war, before it me. Nightmare was always using his tentacles for fighting, they were helpfull and strong in every situation. They came from the corruption, right ?

I attempted to imagine summoning one, and thankfully, it worked. They felt as if they were coming from the dephts of my very soul, and they were immidiatly starting to curl around me, somewhat hugging this new body of mine. Four tentacles, ready to move and be sharpened at my command.

" Watch your back, Error. I'm coming for you. "