Chapter 23

" Yes, I'm making you a villan. Just because I can. There is nothing better than inflicting your pain in someone else, watching them suffer from your own miserability, right ?  You know how there is a " Frisk " and a " Chara " in every universe ? The kids that are always messing with everyones lifes  ? I'm, simply put, this ' human' to the Multiverse. Necessary, yet unwanted. You should be familiar with this feeling, the feeling of being judged about something you can't control. I do know the pain your living through. However, this pain isn't simply caused by me, it's the pain I'm feeling myself. To keep some sort of sanity in the mess of my mind, I created something. A balance. But since it's broken now, my sanity is starting to fade again. You could say I'm being driven insane by you. Can you understand that ? I created each of you in order to imprison a part of my mind, but you don't want to contain them anymore. I intended to kill and torture you all, lost in rage about my childrens missbehaviour. But... I would torture myself. You're just a part of me, all of you are. So if I go insane, it won't take long until you follow me. I'm asking you one more time : Does the Multiverse matter to you ? You'll need to fight against your own insanity then. Each of you fought plenty of times, but tell me, can you win against the thing that keeps you alive ? " , Fate tried to explain.

" And why should I belive you ? You just admitted to being insane. " , Nightmare responded in disbelief.

" Does the pattern of emotions I was describing not seem familiar ? Now tell me, was there anyone but you and Dream alive during the apple incident ? Those feelings weren't yours, they were mine. You never snapped, I did. "