Chapter 13

When Dream arrived back at his house, he was greated with an...unsuspected sight. Ink stood there, holding out his paintbrush, Fresh stood in front of Paperjam, who sat on the floor for an unknown reason, and Dust just slided down the wall.

" Ink... ? "

" It's not what it looks like - ! " , Ink said hesitantly.

He was interrupted by a groan : " Welp, seems like Nightmare was right after all. I wouldn't have lasted long against you in battle. " , Dust pointed out.

Dream attempted to say something, but he ended up just shaking his head and heading inside. There sat SF, shooting a confused and worried glare towards the bleeding Dust.

" Don't ask, trust me. " , it was't sure who said that, since multiple people exclaimed it at the same time.

All of them sat down, the ones who saw Inks burst out earlier carefully avoiding his eyes. They didn't know where Nightmare and Error where, and while Dream looked calm on the outside, he internaly freaked out. He lost his brother once, he couldn't bear another hopeless period of time.

" ...What are we going to do now...? " , Paperjam asked what all of them were thinking right now.
" I mean we could go looking for Error in the Anti-Void,... or maybe Outertale ? " ,Dust suggested helplessly.
" It's worth a shot, right ? I know we'll find them soon ! " , how optimistic Dream sounded, yet how broken he felt on the inside. He broke a promise, once again. He was nothing more than a filthy liar. Here he was, being called a guardian, but couldn't even defend his own brother.

_______________________________________

I wanted to publish this way sooner, but the laptop I'm writing on didn't want to charge suddenly, so I had to find the problem first.

And yes, I realise how short my chapters are.