Chapter 29

3rd P.O.V

After what felt like a few hours of running and chasing, one of them stopped eventually. This wasn't because of his own exhaustion, though, but he had noticed that Dream was missing. This somebody was Nightmare, who wasn't with the others, since he and Dream were the ones chasing them in the first place. But as the negative twin was searching for the normal positive Aura, he couldn't find it once again. Nightmare was about to panic, when his conciousness brushed an unfamiliar presence. Of course he didn't knew every monster or human, but this one was far from normal. It showed a huge similaryty to Nightmares aura in his more insane days, making the guardian wonder how he hadn't noticed it yet. It couldn't be a new AU either, since Ink was at the mansion the whole time.

Over his curiosity, he forgot Dream for a second, wondering who was hiding there, struggeling to keep their sanity. So he made a portal, being surprised by a black abbyss, but, as the King of Darkness, he had a rather
strong night vision, making him able to recognise a familiar black liquid. It reeked of negativity, just like the one covering the dark skeleton. Where did it come from ? He ate all of the negative apples,...right?

Dreams P.O.V

I attempted to summon my staff, but it wouldn't work. Instead, a dark swirling mass appeared, and it spitted out a beautiful bow, different from the one I used while fighting Nightmare. Those times felt so distant now, and I was happy about that. He was my brother, he wasn't supposed to fight me, he was supposed to love me ! The bow felt as if it belonged to me, maybe even as if it was a part of me. Not only because of its golden-yellow glow, but also because of the aura it was emitting. Not one of way to much positivity and optimism, oh no. But one of determination, determination to protect what was mine. One of the strength and power to defeat those who could be a thread to my beloved brother. I felt as if I had found a piece of me that I never had been missing. Oh, I would show them that I wasn't the weak little guardian they made me out to be. To prove this, I decided to shoot an arrow. It wasn't made of the same matirial as the older ones, but I didn't care. I didn't know how I created one without my staff, but a portal had appeared during this. Maybe it was the bow. Confident, I stepped through. Only to land in the bathroom of the house we used to live in before everyone betrayed us. It was dark, even with the constant yellow glow. So I decided to switch the light on, only to be met with a mirror.