Chapter 29

HEATHER’S POV

            I woke to find myself no longer in my home, but somewhere entirely different. Yet it seemed excruciatingly familiar to me. Moments passed, as I steadied my blurred vision before I realized where I was. The hospital. What am I doing here? My head throbbed in pain, as sweat poured over my flushed face. My heartbeat sped up, as I tried to sit up, but my body wouldn’t allow it. Within a minute, my vision was already fading, threatening to put me back into a deep sleep. I couldn’t allow that to happen. Collecting all my remaining strength, I gripped onto the sidebars of my bed and forced myself up. As soon as I was in an upright position, I began to cough uncontrollably, burning my throat. What the hell?

            After what seemed like a lifetime of throat killing coughs, I fell back onto the bed with all my energy taken out of me. I turned my head weakly to the side and found Ashley kneeling by my bedside. He’d fallen asleep with his head on my bed and one hand in mine. Through the pain I felt, I couldn’t help but crack a small smile. He really does love me. I realized thankfully as a tear rolled down my cheek. I adjusted my grip on his hand and allowed my body to relax. “H-Heather?” He asked sleepily, opening his beautiful brown eyes. Unable to respond I looked back at him, causing his brown eyes to widen. “Thank god.” He sighed relieved with tears welling in his eyes, instantly standing up. “I thought you’d never wake up. “ He cupped my head in his hands and kissed me lightly. As soon as the happiness had returned, it faded just as quickly. “You’re burning.” He stated hastily, removing his hands from my face and pressing the back of his hand to my forehead. As he began to panic, I could feel myself begin to fade out again. “No. No Heather stay awake. Please don’t do this!” Ashley begged, kneeling down next to me and gripping my hand tighter than ever. “I can’t loose you! Not like this!” He cried shakily.

            I looked at him only half concise and smiled. “I’ll be fine.” I promised, closing my eyes. “I just need to sleep…” The sounds of the world around me began to fade away, leaving Ashley’s cries as the last thing I heard.

            “I can’t loose you Heather!... I love you…” After that it all faded into nothingness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The story is almost over </3 Thank you so much for reading and once again sorry for the short chapter!

comment/ vote/ fan <3