Chapter 23

ANDY’S POV

            “Heather? Heather where are you!” I called, desperately searching the mall. This is all that bastard’s fault! I should have known better than to trust him with Heather! I hadn’t bothered to tell the other’s where I was going or where Heather went, because I was more than certain they’d seen it too. I’d left them behind at the food court, but I could hear the sound of their feet rushing behind me.

            I noticed a crowd of people gathered on the outside of the large doors, so without a second thought I sprinted to them. I broke through the crowd of people, murmuring between each other, and found Heather passed out on the ground. Her once beautiful makeup was smudged down her tear streaked face, and her purple beanie was falling off, revealing her bare scalp. “Get away from her!” I demanded protectively, as a woman tried to get close to her. I knelt to the ground, with tears in my blue eyes, and lifted Heather’s frail body into my arms. I held her close to my chest and slowly stood up.

            I heard the rest of the guys (and girls), besides Ashley, storm out of the building and gasp. Thankfully, they didn’t ask me any questions, but they did assist in shooing off the group of people, allowing me to walk to our van with Heather safely in my arms. Heather… I’m so sorry I let this happen. I leaned my head down and softly kissed her forehead, which was caked with base and other makeup to make her look ‘pretty’.

            We all stopped in our tracks, when we heard the mall door open and close once more. “Andy I-“ Ashley began, slowly making his way over to us.

            “Just stop!” I interrupted coldly. “Get back!” I snarled, holding Heather tighter.

            “But Andy I can explain…” Explain!? Explain what!? You just broke Heather’s heart!

            Swiftly I turned to look at him, with pure hatred in my eyes. “Just stay the fuck away from Heather you sick bastard!” I demanded bitterly. I turned around once more and began walking faster towards our van. “ And if you think that you’re welcome back in our house, you’re fucking insane!” I told him, before placing Heather gently, as if she were made of glass, onto the passenger seat. I got into the driver’s seat, furiously slamming the door behind me. Everyone else piled into the van without saying a word. Even C.C., who was usually full of life, was silent with an obvious look of hate in his eyes. As soon as the doors were shut, I shot Heather another glance and without looking back, I sped away, leaving Ashley behind.