Chapter 9

HEATHER’S POV

            My brown eyes fluttered open, as I began to awaken from my unintentional sleep. I turned on my side, to look out the window and was shocked to find the sun to be setting. Shit! How long have I been asleep!? I pushed myself into a sitting position, and began to look around my room. I was disappointed, when I realized that I was alone in my room, but my spirits were lifted when an amazing fact hit me. The Black Veil Brides are here just for me. I spent a good three minutes giggling to myself over that fact and getting myself excited about seeing them again, before I noticed what they’d brought me. On the table next to me there were a bunch of movies. I looked through them and a smile grew on my face when I found one of my favorite movies, Tropic Thunder. Yeah, yeah, I know it’s really stupid, but I love it. Whenever I watch it I laugh my ass of, regardless of my mood. I put the other movies back on the table, but kept Tropic Thunder on my bed next to me.

            Also on the table were two bags of chips, a box of cookies, coke (the drink not the drug), and a bunch of candy. I figured no one would mind if I ate some, so I grabbed a box of M&Ms and began to eat them. No mater what shape or form I loved chocolate. I wound eat a slug if it were cover in chocolate. Okay… maybe that’s exaggerating. But I do have an unhealthy love for chocolate.

            As I ate my M&Ms, I began to hum the song We Stitch These Wounds by BVB. As I got to the second verse shame swept across me, because for the life of me I could remember the words. I began to sing the words to myself, but I still couldn’t remember the second verse. “I think of it each time I touch you, every time I hear his name… damn.” I sat in my bed staring into space, trying to remember the words for at least five minutes, before an idea hit me. I swung over to my laptop and immediately searched Google for the lyrics. Like always, as soon as I found the lyrics I felt like a complete idiot. “I’m an idiot.” I sighed in with a laugh. I fell back onto my bed, but didn’t realize how far back I was, so I ended up hitting my head on the headboard.  

            I swung forward and held my head in my hands, rocking back and forth. “Mother fucking fuck of shitty shit!” I mumbled in pain. You’d think that after getting leukemia a simple head bump would seem like nothing. For a normal person that would be true, but for me it still hurt like hell, so I continued to hold my head and swear in a way that didn’t even make sense.

            “Do I want to know?” I looked up and found Ashley standing in my room. He walked over to me and leaned over me, checking my computer. “Why were you looking up BVB lyrics?” he asked.

            I slammed my laptop shut instantly. “Shut up.” I snapped without thinking.

            “What?”

            “Just shut up, okay? Stop pretending l-like everything is normal between us, because it’s not.” I didn’t want to look at him, and I hoped that he wasn’t looking at me because I could tell I was beginning to blush. Why the hell am I blushing!?

I eventually looked up at him and he looked surprised. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked away from me. “Okay, I’m sorry. I guess I was just hoping...”

“Hoping what?” I interrupted.

He took a deep breath and looked at me with his beautiful brown eyes. No! Stop thinking about him like that! He’s a jackass, so shut up! “Hoping that we could just move past all the shit that happened years ago. It’s not like it was anything too important.” He stammered, a light blush growing on his cheeks out of embarrassment.

“Not important?” I repeated. “Did I mean that little to you!?” I practically shouted.

“No… I… those weren’t the right words… I…”

“Of course I guess I’d have to mean nothing to you, for you to do that to me. You do remember don’t you? Or did I really mean nothing at all to you?” I growled. I leaned towards him with a look of pure hate on my face.

An ashamed look appeared on his face. He looked down, avoiding my glare and ran his hands through his long hair. “Yeah… I remember.” He looked back at me and I could tell that he really did feel bad, but it didn’t make me want to forgive him anymore. “I was an ass…”

I took a deep breath and leaned back in my bed. “It was my fault though… I should never have expected you to truly love me. At least not the way I loved you. After all you are Ashley Purdy.” I bit my lip and rested my head on the backboard, so I could stare up at the ceiling and away from Ashley.

He sat down on the bed beside my feet and looked down at the ground. He crossed one leg across the other, so that he could play with his boot. “You’re wrong about that.” He said quietly, as if it was hard to get out. “I really did love you. I loved you more than anything in the world.” His words shocked me and I looked over at him.

            “If you really loved me… why did you sleep with that girl?” I asked. It brought pain to my chest as I was forced to say the words.

He looked over at me with a sad expression I’d never seen him have before. He gave a light Purdy laugh, that I loved and leaned his head back. “Because… like you said, I’m Ashley Purdy. I’m not supposed to love anyone. I’m supposed to me just some man-whore for women to chase after, and that’s all I’d ever been. But… I loved you and I couldn’t deny myself that fact anymore.” He went back to messing with his boot and looking away from me. “I just didn’t know what to do or how to be in love, so I made a mistake. A really stupid mistake I’ll admit, but still… just a mistake.”

I was speechless. I stared at his sad face and couldn’t help but feel bad for him. I could no longer hide the deep shade of red that my face had become, and his was maybe just as red. “ I still love you, you know.” He mumbled.

“Wh-what?” I asked, shocked. Did Ashley Purdy just tell me he loves me?

He looked me straight in the eyes this time, and I’ll admit it, I really do love his eyes. With or without makeup, they were perfect. “ I said I love you. I know I’m probably the last person who deserves this, but..” he said nervously. He was adorable and I couldn’t help it anymore. I just couldn’t hate that man.

I sat up and scooted over to him. I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. “ I love you Ashley Purdy.” I whispered with a small smile on my face.

“You shouldn’t.” He said looking down at me.

My smile grew and I wrapped my arms around his. “ I know.” I felt him kiss my head. I opened my eyes and looked up at his wonderful face. Despite my sickness I felt amazing, like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Not only that, but my broken heart had been sewn back together. The Black Veil Brides really were stitching my wounds one by one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! romance and all that shit! :) haha I hope you liked it sorry I haven't writen in a while I had writers block XP