Chapter 10

ANDY’S POV

            We walked into the bar, and instantly I realized how empty it was. I looked up at a clock on the wall and realized it was only about 4:35 p.m. “Uh C.C.?” I said as I elbowed him in the side. He looked up at me from his phone, with a confused look on his face.

            “Isn’t it kinda early to be drinking?” I asked, pointing to the clock.

            He finished texting someone and looked back at me. “Is that all? Ha, I thought something was wrong.” He let out a sigh of relief. “ Nah Andy, it’s never too early to drink.” He laughed and put away his phone. We walked over to the bar and sat down. An attractive woman with dark red hair and snakebites took our drink order. The whole time she was getting ours and other people’s drinks, she wouldn’t take her eyes off of us. She walked back over and handed us our drinks. “Grassy ass.” C.C. laughed, lifting up his beer. She giggled and began to play with her snakebites, a light pink growing on her cheeks.

            “Um… you guys wouldn’t happen to be C.C. and Andy, from Black Veil Brides would you?” She asked nervously. She bit her lip and looked hopefully at us. I was about to say something, but C.C. shot me a quick glance, which told me to keep my mouth shut.

He smirked and beckoned for her to come closer. She leaned forward, so that C.C. could whisper into her ear. “Yes.” Her eyes grew wide and she nearly screamed. Her hands shot over her mouth, but it was too late everyone was looking at her. Her face turned bright red as she stumbled backwards, nearly knocking over a bottle of vodka.

“I’m so sorry!” She began. “I can’t believe I just did that at work, and in front of you guys! I’m so sorry that was completely unprofessional of me.” She covered her mouth again and turned quickly, so we couldn’t see her red face. She straightened the bottles back up and began to walk away.

C.C. leaned over the bar and looked at her. “Hey!” He called. She stopped abruptly and turned in an instant.

She bit her lip and slowly began to walk over to him again. “Y-yes?” She asked shyly.

C.C. smiled at her, which only made her blush grow brighter. “You didn’t think we’d let you walk away without telling us your name would you?” He asked. She began to giggle and covered her mouth again.

She removed her hands, and fixed her red hair. “My names Gretchen. I know it’s an odd name and all, but I kind of like it.” She said shrugging her shoulders.

I held out my hand and smiled at her. “Nice name, and it’s not weird it’s unique.” She shook my hand and grinned hugely. “I’m Andy by the way. It’s always nice to meet a fan of our music.”

“Oh I know who you are.” She exclaimed excitedly. “You guys are my heroes! You saved my life countless times, and I can’t even begin to express my gratitude. Oh god I’m rambling… I’m sorry I do that when I’m nervous.” She began to play with her apron and bit her lip.

I laughed and took a sip of my beer. “You have no need to be nervous. I don’t bite.”

“Speak for yourself!” C.C. shouted, making Gretchen giggle again.

I rolled my blue eyes and looked back at Gretchen. “Okay we don’t bite hard.”

“Most of the time.” C.C. winked at Gretchen and her blush overtook her face. “Andy I made her blush!” He laughed. She covered her face again shyly, but we could still see the blush. “Aw don’t cover it.” C.C. begged with puppy dog eyes. “You have such a pretty face.” She laughed again and dropped her hands. Her blush faded and for the first time I could see her freckles. “Ha you’re a ginger.” He smiled. “That’s hot!” Her green eyes brightened and C.C. continued to look at her face.