"Everything okay?" Maya asked him. Josh sighed over the phone.

"My parents are just driving me crazy right now. I wanted to leave earlier to see if I could make it back before things got too bad, but it was already solid white and my mom refused to let me go. Now that I'm staying for a few more days, they'll take this opportunity to try and talk me into moving back to Philly sometime in the near future. At least my mom will." Josh said. Maya smiled, his voice sounded like he was emotionally exhausted.

"Well you're her baby, of course it will be harder for her to let you go. And I'm glad you decided not to risk coming here, I would rather spend our anniversary knowing you were in a different state and safe then to be spending it in a hospital." Maya told him.

"That's what my mom said you would say. Kind of weird she knows you like that." He joked. "But seriously I'm fine. Just a little bummed." He told her. Maya nodded.

"I know how you feel." She told him. Amy's voice yelled for Josh in the background causing him to sigh.

"I got to go, I'll talk to you later though." Josh told her. "I love you." He told her. Maya smiled.

"I love you, too."

~

The next day, everyone was trying to cheer Maya up.

Lucas bought her flowers while Zay invested in her favorite candy, Farkle took her out to lunch so they could catch up just the two of them, and Riley and Smackle took her out shopping and had a girl's afternoon.

Maya loved her friends and enjoyed being with them, She appreciated the fact that they had tried to make her feel better, but this day was supposed to be for and Josh. And all she could think or talk about was him.

Lucas and Zay spent a couple of hours hanging out and they mostly talked about memories that they all had with Josh, Farkle and her did talk about other things but the conversation always seemed to find its way back to Josh, all while Riley, Smackle, and her were shopping. Maya continued to see things that would remind her of Josh.

As Maya got home from her busy day she saw that Sawn and Katy were dressed up fixing to leave.

"We are going out to dinner." Katy told her. "But I did make you dinner." She told her. Maya smiled at the homemade tacos that were on the counter, her favorite.

"Thanks mom. What's with all the candles?" She asked as she noticed that there were candles lit on the counter and on the table with a opened laptop sitting on it. Shawn smiled as he helped Katy put her coat on.

"We'll see ya later." He told her as he grabbed his keys and him and Katy headed out of the apartment. Maya narrowed her eyebrows and walked over to the table. When she looked at the laptop she couldn't help but smile.

"Josh." She breathed out. Josh was on the computer screen smiling back at her.

"Hey gorgeous, happy anniversary." He told her. Now it all made sense to Maya. The candles, her favorite dinner, the fact her parents were leaving. Maya took a seat in front of the computer and smiled. "I didnt want this year to go by and us not do anything special. So I asked for a favor. Lucas got you flowers, Zay got the candy, Riley and Smackle went out and bought you an outfit." Josh naed off.

"What about lunch with Farkle?" Maya asked. Josh rolled his eyes but smiled and laughed as he talked.

"Farkle said that he would take you out to lunch but that it was because I wasn't doing my duties as a boyfriend and you deserved to feel special for your our anniversary." Maya snorted.

It wasn't that Farkle didnt like Josh, but because he loved both her and Riley so much that he wanted to make sure they were treated right. He one time got mad at Lucas for buying Riley a different kind of flower then the ones that were her favorites.

"Sounds like Farkle." Maya laughed.

"If it were anyone else I might have felt threatened." Josh told her jokingly. Maya rolled her eyes.

"Nobody could feel threatened by Farkle." She said.

"I asked your mom if she would make you dinner and if she could set the place up to look nice. I know dinner over video chat isn't the same, but its something." Josh told her. Maya smiled.

"It's perfect." She told him.

As the night went on, Maya and Josh talked and laughed about anything and everything as they ate dinner together over video chat. It might not have been the ideal anniversary that either of them had dreamt of, but they were together.

"Happy anniversary, Maya." Josh told her as they started to wrap the night up. Maya smiled at him.

"Happy anniversary, Josh."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for reading!