Chapter 31: Through the Hat

Why does the name of this chapter remind me of Alice in Wonderland? She went through a rabbit hole...not a hat...

Anywayyyyyys, it's been a few weeks since I last updated, so I thought why not post this chapter today? It's a little unedited, but I hope you'll enjoy it anyway :) Also, it's slightly longer than usual! Yay!

Random question of the day: what is your favourite spell from Harry Potter? 

Mine are alohomora and expecto patronum (^.^)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're talking about a twelve year-old boy here."

Who was that? They sounded confused...

"You mean you don't believe a twelve year-old boy could do something like this?"

"Twelve year-old boys can't even get simple charms right, let alone do this! Of course I don't believe he could do something like this!"

I can get simple charms right!

"Well...he just did."

Taehyung opened his eyes and grunted at the bright light. A wave of nausea hit him and he had to resist the urge to throw up right then and there. He sat up straight and took in his surroundings, letting out a sound that somewhat sounded like a choked back gasp (though he knew Yoongi would've called it a pig snort if he had been there).

They were in a huge hall, the size reminding Taehyung of the Great Hall at Hogwarts – which wasn't called Great for nothing – and the ceiling was so high Taehyung could hardly see the end of it.

Taehyung moved his head up a little and squinted his eyes to see what was in front of him.

Namjoon was lying on his stomach right in front of Taehyung. He didn't move and for a second Taehyung feared the worst, but luckily he saw his friend's back rise a little indicating he was in fact breathing and alive. He didn't look quite alright though and he wasn't conscious, so Taehyung couldn't help but worry...

Jin had his eyes wide open, a look of disbelief on his face. He seemed alright, only a small cut on his left cheek, and he was the only one still standing on his feet.

Jungkook was on his knees to his right, staring in the same direction as Jin. He was resting his hands on his legs and panted as if he had been in a great fight.

Taehyung followed Jungkook's gaze and that's when he was finally able to take in the mess for real.

There were unfamiliar people scattered around the room, all of them seemingly unconscious. Tables were broken, chairs were lying everywhere around the hall and the floor was covered in dust, splinters and glass.

Then there were two of them up front, near the entrance of the hall. They didn't look old, maybe around twenty years old. They looked like they could be brothers, twins even. Both of them had their wands pointed at a figure who was down on the floor.

Hoseok.

"What the bloody hell happened?" Taehyung muttered, rubbing his head only to find his hand covered in blood. "Oh shit!"

"Stop cursing or I'll hand you over to a female troll!" Jin hissed at him, making Taehyung wonder why a female troll would be worse than a male one. Would there be a specific reason? Would Jin say that to-

"Hyung, what happened? Why is Namjoon-ah unconscious? Who are all these people?!" Taehyung exclaimed, shaking his head a little and forcing himself out of his thoughts.