Chapter 11: And Finally They Meet

I hesitated about splitting this in two chapters...but I figured this could work as well ^^ hope you like it!

--------------

"And who is this friend of yours?" Yoongi asked, sounding slightly bored. "Namjoon, if this is another nerd, I'm going to kill you. You know the only nerd I can be around is you."

Namjoon chuckled and shook his head. "No, he's not a nerd. Well, I think not...but that doesn't matter! He's cool and nice."

"Nice, huh?" Yoongi huffed, looking up. "And you've known him for how long?"

"A-A week."

"That's not nearly long enough to get to know someone, Namjoon-ah. Who knows, he might be mean and a nerd."

"Oh shut up, you're just scared of making new friends. Just man up and talk to him, alright? And if you are mean to him, I swear I will smack you."

Yoongi rolled his eyes at that, but he didn't say anything else. He wasn't scared of meeting new people, but he wasn't particularly fond of it either. He would just have to trust his friend.
"So...he's a halfblood, huh?" Yoongi asked. Namjoon frowned.
"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing. Just curious." Yoongi said. As a Slytherin - born in a family full of pureblood Slytherins - he wasn't that used to people being a halfblood, but he didn't have anything against those people. He was actually very curious about them.

"His mother is a witch, but his dad is a muggle. I think he also said something about his sister not being a witch. It's strange how that works, isn't it? He had like a fifty percent chance of not being a wizard as well, yet somehow the genes were mixed up in his favor but not in his sister's." Namjoon ranted.

"What time was he supposed to be here?" Yoongi asked. Namjoon pursed his lips at Yoongi not quite listening to what he was saying, but he shrugged.

"Around two o'clock. It's only five past, he'll be here." 

They were waiting at the spot where they had flown on their broomsticks last week; it would be the first time for Hoseok to be somewhere only wizards and witches could go. They were going to Diagon Alley to buy their first wand and Yoongi was going to come along for fun (well, mostly because he really wanted to be with Namjoon when he got his first wand, but he wouldn't tell him).

Namjoon was thrilled to show his new friend, but one of the other things he remembered from his conversation with Hoseok was that he was very punctual. Had something happened for him not to be right on time?

"He'll be here." Namjoon mumbled to himself. "I'm sure of it."

//////////////

"...who are you?" the boy in front of him questioned. His eyes were squinted and he looked at Hoseok suspiciously. 

"Why do you care? I'm headed somewhere, just leave me alone." Hoseok said. He was not in the mood for this and he was already late.

"Boys, I think this one over here is lost." The one in front of him chuckled. "He has no idea who we are, he must not be from here."

"Zachary, we have somewhere we're headed to as well." One of the other boys hissed.

"Shut the bloody hell up, Chad." The boy named Zachary hissed back, before turning to Hoseok once again. "So you're new, huh? What are you? A muggle? Halfblood? There must be a reason why we've never seen you here before."

Hoseok was usually a very bright and happy boy, but Zachary made him angry.
"That's none of your business." He spat. "I'm headed to my friends, now leave me alone and join your own so called friends. Just a note; you don't talk to a 'friend' like that." He added, eyeing the boy named Chad shortly before glaring at Zachary. "He doesn't deserve that."