Chapter 23: They're coming

When you still haven't figured out who your main character is and you're already at chapter 23...

Help me out guys, who do you think the main character is/should be? Or is it alright to let...well...all of them be the main characters x'D

--------------------------------------------------

Hoseok had been feeling rather anxious to start his first Defense Against the Dark Arts class. He wasn't used to using spells yet, even though it had already been a week now since he had arrived at Hogwarts and had started to learn how to use his wand. He wasn't scared of using magic, he was only scared of hurting people with it.

His memories from the situation on the train had returned.

He was glad no one had been treating him differently after what had happened – except for the fact that he hadn't been bothered by Zachary the entire week – but he was a little sad no one had told him about what had happened yet.

Defense Against the Dark Arts was a class you'd have to use magic in to...well...defend yourself against someone or something. Hoseok was scared they'd have to duel. He was sure he'd hurt someone if he were to use magic against them.

Of course he wouldn't tell anyone about his nerves, so he showed the smile he had had on his face since last week, and marched into the classroom with Taehyung. The two of them shared a bedroom along with Dan and another boy named Jordan, so the four of them had become good friends over the past week and joined each other at breakfast, also walking to their first class together.

From there on, Hoseok's eyes always searched for the other three first years who had become his good friends since that day in Diagon Alley. Jimin, Namjoon and Jungkook were all three little oddballs in their Houses and therefore stuck together. Hoseok and Taehyung often joined them and the five of them usually hung out after class as well.

Sometimes Yoongi and Jin would join them too, but Jin was usually a little too busy. It saddened Hoseok to see the look on Jungkook's face whenever he told them his brother wouldn't hang out with them that day. Hoseok – and the others probably too – knew very well how much Jungkook missed his brother.

"Alright class, good morning!" a tall, grey haired man greeted them after they all sat down in their seats. The man seemed young, but still his hair was grey. Hoseok wondered how young people could have grey hair too, but he shrugged when he couldn't find the answer. He would ask Namjoon or Jungkook later, they would probably know. They knew why the sky was blue, they'd explained it to him, so they probably knew something like this too.

"Good morning." Everyone said simultaneously, and a satisfied smile appeared on the man's face.

"My name is Professor Aldwin Crawford. I've been teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts for three years now, but before that I taught flying as Madame Hooch's assistant." The professor introduced himself.

"How old are you?" Chad, Zachary's friend asked.

"Shush! It's rude to ask his age right off the bat!" a Hufflepuff girl Hoseok remembered to be called Alicia said, her innocent eyes wide as she obviously feared the teacher's reaction.

"It's not rude." The five Korean boys then spoke up, surprising each other but also feeling rather happy about it. They all looked at each other and chuckled softly.

Zachary huffed and raised an eyebrow in annoyance, picking Namjoon to speak to.
"And why isn't it rude, smarty pants?"

"We always ask the birth year of someone in order to find out if we need to address them politely or if we can talk more casually. It's common courtesy." Namjoon said, a blank look on his face as he spoke.