Chapter 20: The Wolf

This is already the twentieth chapter and I feel like I'm not even halfway through the story...so much still has to happen woah...I hope I don't write too many filler chapters, but sometimes I can't help it, they're too much fun to write ^^' This chapter is a little random too, but there are some important things as well. 

I hope you enjoy! <3 this is quite a long chapter ^^'

-----------------------------------------------------

Namjoon felt devastated.

Following the quite large group of young Gryffindors, he couldn't think about anything else than the fact that he wasn't supposed to be there. He constantly felt the need to ask someone for the directions to the Ravenclaw common room and even when they now stood in front of the large portrait, the door to the Gryffindor common room, Namjoon wanted to run away.

He could hardly hear the Gryffindor prefect say 'hyacintho caelum' before the lady in the portrait opened the door and let the young Gryffindors in. He was so deep in thought about this sudden twist in his life that he didn't pay attention at all, something that was very unlike him.

After the prefect had shown them around the warm coloured common room – which did feel like Namjoon's home – and told them which way was the girls' bedrooms and which way the boys', Namjoon decided he had to go get some air. Not knowing he was breaking the rules, he slipped out of the common room and went through the corridors and up the stairs, knowing at the top of the Gryffindor tower had to be a place where the owls stayed.

He didn't know exactly how to get there, but as long as he went up, he would find it, right?

"Tae, I think we're lost."

Namjoon snapped his head up when he heard the familiar voice from downstairs. He looked over the railing and saw two familiar boys looking around, obviously having no idea where they were.

"Hey! Hoseok, Taehyung! Up here! What are you guys doing here?" Namjoon called out. Taehyung and Hoseok immediately looked up in confusion, but that confusion was soon replaced by two very cute grins on their faces.

"Namjoon-ah!"

"Are you coming with us too?" Taehyung asked happily, already heading up the stairs to get to Namjoon. Hoseok failed to stop him, yelling something about the stairs moving and indeed, the stairs went a completely different way, bringing Taehyung even further away from Namjoon.

"Yah!" Taehyung exclaimed. "Why do they keep moving?!"

"They're moving stairs, Tae." Hoseok dead-panned.

"But still!"

Namjoon let out a sigh and decided to leave the whole 'getting some air' idea. He went down the stairs and waited next to Hoseok until Taehyung got back. Namjoon snickered at the annoyed look on the boy's face when he stood in front of them with crossed arms.

"I really don't like these stairs." He grumbled. "At home my stairs just stayed still, you know?"

"We'll probably get used to it." Hoseok said, even though he too disliked it. He wasn't particularly freaked out by all the moving things in the castle, but he was just damn scared of falling off the stairs. Good thing their common room was in the kitchens and you needed no moving stairs to get to them.

Taehyung let out a final annoyed sound and then thought of the reason why they were there. His familiar grin formed on his face again and he grabbed Namjoon's arm, looking up at the boy as if he was going to tell him the greatest news in the world.