Chapter 5: The Sea

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." - Jacques Yves Cousteau  

------------

Ireland was one of the most beautiful places in the world. Well, according to Jimin of course. He had grown up here and he loved every single thing about it. 

From Dublin to Cork and from Galway to Letterkenny, he loved every single city. He wasn't that old yet, but his parents had taken him to lots and lots of daytrips to different cities throughout the country, showing him what a beautiful place it was where he had been born. 

Sure, the weather wasn't always great in Ireland, but he didn't care about that. 

It was the reason why sunny days had such a magical feeling to it.

It was the reason why, on sunny days, Jimin felt like he could do anything. Without all the rain, that wouldn't have been.

Jimin and his family – his parents and his little brother Jihyun – grew up in Wexford, a town near what he considered the most beautiful beach of Ireland, Curracloe Strand. He loved Bray very much as well, because of the cliff walks he had been on together with his parents and a few friends. Curracloe Strand had his heart though, since it was the beach he had gone to with his grandparents almost every week. 

The beach felt like his second home.

"Hyung!! Hyung!! I found a crab!" Jihyun exclaimed, making Jimin look up and smile at his little brother. They were only two years apart, but Jimin felt like a big brother more than you'd imagine. 

"Ahh, Hyunnie, that's so cool!" Jimin said as he looked at the small crab in his brother's hands. "It's so cute~."

"I know right!" Jihyun grinned. "I'll find one for you too!"

And off he went, making Jimin laugh as he watched his enthusiastic little brother run off to a random spot near the sea.

Jimin sat down in the sand and looked at the sea, enjoying the calming waves. Today was one of the sunny days and he felt like the world had gotten a power-up since yesterday. 

Yesterday it had been raining for a full eight hours and it had been exactly the eight hours Jimin usually was at school. That might sound like quite a long school day for an elementary school, but Jimin was used to it. School started at eight in the morning and finished at four in the afternoon. Only Wednesdays were an exception; he finished at one o'clock. He was one of the children who had extra classes after regular classes ended at three o'clock, which was why his days were longer. He didn't mind staying at school longer than other children; he liked the extra classes a whole lot more than the regular ones.

"Hyung! Hyung!!! I found a stone!"

Jimin laughed at his little brother once again and gave him a thumbs up, motioning for him to keep looking for another crab.

Jimin played with a few shells in his hand and he felt the magical feeling surge through him again. It was a sunny day after all, today had to be magical, right? 

Jimin smiled at himself as he made the shells in his hand levitate, making them hover slightly above his hand. He had always been able to do things like this on sunny days. Levitating small objects, making things move like the wind was blowing. 

He had never told anyone. It was his own little secret.

A small flickering light caught Jimin's attention and he turned away from looking at his brother to look at the sea once again. Why was there a flickering light in the water? Did he even see it right?