Skin towel-dried and tropically scented, I delved through Liam's freshly steamed clothes, stole his T-shirt and boxer briefs, garbed, and then blow-dried the biff. Hot irons ensued. I uncreased the waves and appraised the waist-length completion. I knew I had long hair, but it's hard to determine the longness precision with defiant, unrelaxed curls. Maybe I should level the mane more often.

I opened the all-encompassing windows and the early morning wind and sea air drifted into the bedroom.

Usually, I forgo the beautiful burnt-orange sunrise, but today, I hung around to witness the warm hues kiss our horizon.

And then I felt him, Liam. I am not sure if he's aware of inaudible, advanced tendencies.

I perceived his noiseless movements from the very beginning, right when I had worked in Club 11, and the man took pleasure in another's fear. It's almost as though he wants opponents to lower their guards, believe they are safe whilst he stands back and waits for a prime opportunity to pounce.

Nowadays, the gravity between us meets for love, not trepidation.

"Baby," he whispered, his lips falling to the back of my neck. "Happy birthday."

I smiled to myself. "You remembered."

"As if I'd forget." He caged my waist in his arms. "Although, I should warn you. Our unplanned stay prevented acceptable gifts. I had to scour the boutique for an alternative."

I had everything and more. "Even if we were in London, what could you possibly buy me, Liam?"

He pondered the question. "For you, shoes are a winner."

"You have provided me with bountiful shoes." If it's not self-bought designer heels hoarding the shelves, it's Liam's monthly deliveries of new lines. "Continue to do so, and I'll require a wardrobe extension."

His hand cupped mine, and he thumbed the white gold rings on my fourth finger. "Diamonds then."

Courtesy of this generous man, I am the proud owner of an impressive diamond collection. "The diamonds I possess give the Queen's jewel vault a run for its money." He's heavily involved, if not the main attribute, in illegal trade. Nothing is out of reach or unattainable for us, and for that reason alone, I benefit greatly. "In addition to what I stated, I want for nothing. Do not trouble yourself over inessential remittance." Turning in his arms, I peered up at him and admired him for a moment. "As long as I have you, what more could I possibly want?"

"Visionary," he said under his breath, his eyes briefly drifting over my shoulder. "It was never about money for you."

My eyebrows cinched. "Did you ever doubt me?"

"Never." Liam's unfaltering gaze settled on the rising sun. "Your persistent conscientiousness was one of many reasons why I fell for you." His expression morphed into frowned assuredness, as if only just comprehending how we fell in love. "It was deeper, wasn't it? It was neither wealth nor attraction." Blue eyes seared into mine. "You understood the darkest part of me."

I was concerned by his earnest cogitation. "Even if I didn't, I loved you far too much to walk away." When he dropped his arms from my waist, I palmed his jaw, keeping him with me. "What's wrong?"

"I'm obsessed with you." He grasped my wrist. "For that reason alone, I forget how young you are." When he perceived the worry in my eyes, he added, "I merely granted myself a second to admire the strength of a young woman."

"Trials and tribulations will do that to a person." Although his approbation filled me with pride, I sensed he felt unperturbed by birthday celebrations. Our age gap has never been an issue. It's not something discussed. We ignored it from the beginning, and without annual reminders, we can continue to disregard it intentionally. "It's just another day." I missed many birthdays growing up. "And you know what? I don't even care for celebrations."