Part 55

Sometimes it's the smallest decisions that can change your life forever.. Part 55

As I sat there I felt my phone vibrate. I looked at it to see JJ calling me. I answered.

(J – JJ M – Me)

J – Where are you? We are coming to get you then going back to London.

M – Tree house.

J – Meet me at the car park and we will get you home.

M – Thanks.

I hung up. I climbed down after locking the door. I sat on the bench near the car park they pulled up. I jumped in the back and we started talking.

“Why were you in there with him?”

“I didn’t know he was in there.”

“So why were you locked in? I was speaking to Siobhan in the kitchen and she said she thought we needed to talk and he owed me a thank you. She led me up there and I was like I don’t have his number and then he said I didn’t need it, and there he was, sat on the bed. I tried to wake myself up, I’d dreamt it too often. But then we had a massive argument and it ended with me telling him I loved him. And then I ran. I don’t want to speak to him again. Because right now I don’t know what I want. But it certainly isn’t anymore heart ache. I just want to work on Rihanna’s single and get that going and work with her and some UK artist in my studio, because right now I don’t know how to feel. And the best way to get over it is to write and stay busy.”

“I can’t believe she locked you in that room, knowing he was in there.”

“She was trying to help.”

“But look at you has it helped?”

“No JJ is hasn’t worked, but something has and now there’s one single bit of relief in my head, which for right now is good enough.”

“What you talking about?”

“He’s kept a promise to me, and even if that could mean a bag thing, he had kept a promise, which is good enough for me.”

“What promise, you don’t make sense.”

“Just leave it JJ.” We drove home in silence a few words were shared but nothing much. We got to mine and went in.

“One more question Maddie. Why did he owe you an apology?”

“You know you said it was his career that put him straight?” JJ nodded. I shook my head.

“It was me.”

“How?”

“Courtney told me on Skype that he was becoming that mean person that she didn’t like and she felt paranoid around him. So I rung him. And put him straight. And now he’s meant to be an amazing guy. So Siobhan said he owed me a thank you for putting him straight, and apparently if it wasn’t for our talk he wouldn’t be the person he is now, which is a guy ‘loved by loads’”

“What did you say to him to put him  straight?”

****Flashback****

I sat there as the phone rang, shaking like hell, hoping he’d answer.

(A-Aston M-Me)

A Hello?

M Hello

A Who is it?

M Don’t hang up as I need to say this to you and even if it is the very last time we talk, hear me out.

A Who is it?