Part 8

I was awoken by my alarm, straight away, I got up and went to my en suite to have a shower. As I was doing the conditioner in my hair I was think things over in my head. 

Today was the day, a year ago, since I got woken up and my world came crashing down. I broke down in tears in the shower. I had finished my hair and shaved. I climbed out and wrapped a towel around me. I was still crying. I walked out of the shower and in to my bedroom. I got dressed done my make-up. Headed down stairs. I ran upstairs to get my phone. 5 new messages. I sat in my bed and scanned through them.

*Holly* *Chloe**Mummy Nicki**Mummy Lisa**Aston*  All of them said basically the same thing. Along the lines of will be thinking of you today <3 holly and Chloe's both had a line saying that they missed him to and thought of him as a Grandad. It was so sweet the bond us 3 had together, it was genuinely irreplaceable. I sat and wiped my tears as I recived another text, *JJ 1 New Message* I opened it..

*Can you come to my room please?xx* I didn't bother replying I just got up walked across the corridor and opened his door. He was sat on his bed, with puffy eyes, just like mine. I went over and gave him a massive hug. 

"JJ, I know this is hard, but we have to stay strong, think of it this way, Grandad wouldn't want us sitting around crying, he'd want us to be happy and cheerful."

"Yeah, can me and Aston walk with your group today. I'm getting on really well with your lot, I see why you feel happy not being most popular."

"Sure, I'm so glad I'm not most popular don't want rumours being spread about me, I don't want everyone attention. I only want attention from those who care about me."

We got ready and left for school. Mum had stayed at nannys last night and dad was away with work. Aston was waiting outside ours. Straight away he could see we had been crying. He man hugged JJ, and said "You don't have to pretend to be fine in front of me man, it must be really hard for you."

JJ replied "Thanks Bruv, gotta stay strong for this one don't I?!" he said looking over to me.

"No you don't JJ, thats what my girls are for, and also Marv, JB, Reesh, Connor and Barney are always there for me too." I replied. I didn't want him hiding his feelings to be strong for me, my friends were perfect at that.

"Goldie, I know we have only properly started speaking since yesterday, but you both have me. I'll always be their for JJ, but I'm also here you, you know babe" Aston said with a confident smile. He opened his arms for a hug and I obliged straight away. Because all my emotions drifted away, just for that one small second. We carried on walking, down my road to swiftly be joined by Holly and Chloe. They gave both me and JJ massive hugs. 

It was an amazing feeling to know that so many people cared for you.

You got to school. And all your other friends gave you and JJ hugs. The day was hard. But not as hard as what was coming next. The visit to the grave yard...