june issue ✧ 33

If this is shitty keep in mind I was crying 50% while writing this.

✧✧✧

The last time Michael was so nervous was when Luke kissed him and he was afraid it was out of pity.

He was afraid his heart will be broken and right now the fear remained the same, even if the situation was different.

It was a lovely day and Michael's heart was still full of love from the day before.

He, Luke, Ashton, and Calum went on a little trip together to celebrate the end of high-school and it was amazing. It was weird to think that now he had friends, real friends and that his next birthday will be much different from his last one.

He'll be surrounded by more people who truly love him.

It was also the first time he has seen Luke drunk and it was one of his favorite things because drunk Luke was clingy Luke. His boyfriend was crying after the third beer how much he loves them and it made Michael feel that everything was going to be all right.

Even if this doesn't work out.

He didn't drink because he had no intentions on being sick the day, he'll see his mum again.

No matter what would happen, Michael wanted to be present and feel everything the reunion will throw in his direction. He was prepared to cry, be mad and even leave if he'd feel like it.

Unlike Helen and himself, Karen wasn't known to be an early bird. Since Michael could remember his mother was always late to pick him up so he didn't expect her to be early or even on time.

So, he was sitting alone in the park his grandmother picked for the reunion. Public but private.

Michael was thinking if she would even recognize him. He changed, grew up inside and out.

There was still five more minutes until she should be here, which probably meant ten, and he was getting more and more nervous by the minute.

Maybe he just wasn't ready. He picked his phone up and when he unlocked it, he saw he had two messages from his boy.

Luke x
I'm surprised you didn't call me yet but if you see this, don't do it. You can do it. I believe in you.

Michael smiled.

I hope this will be everything you want it to be. I'm thinking of you. Xx

He couldn't even believe how better a simple message made him feel.

"You used to have the same look on your face when Peter would do something cute."

His phone fell on the floor and when he looked up the woman in front of him was already crying.

"Mumma," Michael whispered and swallowed down the tears. He was paralyzed, sitting on the bench and just looking at her.

She aged too but in a less good way than he did.

"My Mikey." She laughed and Michael forgot how much he missed hearing her laugh. "My, my Mikey."