december issue ✧ 12

this wasn't planned but all of you were so excited when I mentioned Calum and Ashton so I did a little something. just for you. because I love you all.

✧✧✧

It was cold and Luke regretted his decision to not wear his jacket the moment he stepped out of his dad's car.

He was also late and could already hear the crowd cheer the two football teams on the pitch.

Luke walked towards the school's football field noticing the match has already begun. He wasn't here in a couple of months since the last season to be exact when he had to go to every game in order to write about it in the paper.

Now he had Michael to do it. This way he was able to avoid the rumors that he's been sleeping around with the players for more newspaper coverage but also didn't had to watch a game that was so boring to him.

Luckily for him, everybody was focused on the game so no one had seen him come. Their school wasn't big so there weren't hundreds of people watching the game either.

He searched the tribunes and smiled when he spotted Michael looking at the pitch while writing down in the notepad Luke gave him. The focus on his face was so intense it made Luke's heart swell. Michael's articles about sport were always good even though he wasn't included in any of them.

"Hi." Luke smiled and sat down next to Michael who, unlike him, was properly dressed.

Michael almost got scared as he didn't see or hear him before he spoke up.

"What are you doing here?" Michael asked and he was clearly happy to see his friend. At that moment, even if any of the teams would score neither of them would notice.

Luke nodded his head against the pitch but didn't look away from Michael's pretty face. "Calum invited me."

"Didn't know you two were so close."

Now Luke did turn away. Just because the whole deal about their friendship made him upset.

"He was my first friends when I moved. But after a while, his teammates were giving him too much shit about spending time with me so we stopped talking that much."

Michael frowned. "That sucks. But also, that doesn't sound like Calum I know."

"Oh, no." Luke laughed. "It was me. I decided it was better for us to keep our friendship away from the public eye. He just got his captain spot last year and the team doesn't need someone who no one likes."

"That's horrible. I'm sorry."

Michael grabbed Luke's hand, making him smile. He was wearing gloves so it felt nice against Luke's cold hand.

"Again, it was my decision. So, don't blame Calum. He invited me to come because I had the interview for the paper with him, you know about his drawings. I told him how we agreed t include his comics every few issues and make a story out of it. He loved the idea so we're getting some pancakes after the game to talk about it."

That made Michael laugh so Luke looked at him with a questioning look on his face.

He pointed down at the pitch, but not at the players but to Ashton who was jumping around, trying to get some good photos. "I'm meeting Ash there too for the same reason. To tell him that we want him to do most photography work for us."