january issue ✧ 16

Please vote on all the chapters you read. The last one got 10 votes less than the one before and I think it's just as good. If you haven't please go and vote or just don't read the book at all. (: I don't support ghost reading.

tw: this is sad and has an unintentional cliffhanger because I like to keep my chapters similar length and I want three chapters for January.

✧✧✧

"Calum?" Luke sat down behind the table where usually only football players sat up. He was aware he'll get many looks and start many gossips but he didn't care. This was more important.

Calum looked up and immediately seemed worried because Luke was worried.

"What's wrong?"

Luke didn't look injured so that was good.

"Do you know where Michael is? I know you have History with him? He didn't come to the Journal room and his phone is turned off."

"He hasn't returned my text since yesterday." Calum nodded and checked his phone. "Shit."

"What?" Luke leaned over the table to see what he was looking at. It was his home screen.

The football captain seemed distracted. "It's January."

The blond frowned. "So?"

Calum looked at him and he didn't look confused anymore. He looked sad. "Do you know who Peter is?"

Luke nodded. Now he was starting to get sad as well.

"I-I think." He took a deep breath. "But I'm not a hundred percent sure that today is the day he died. I remember it was winter and it was after Christmas for sure. Yeah, actually. It was a week before my birthday."

He heard enough. Luke gathered his stuff and put his jacket on. "Do you know where he might be?"

"Definitely not home. His uncle is always trying to make him visit his dad or trying to cheer him up. Michael just wants to grieve. My guess is either cemetery or where it happened."

Calum realized by the look on Luke's face that he didn't know the latter.

"His old house. It's next to mine."

"Thank you, please call me if you find out anything." Luke didn't wait for an answer but decided he'll buy Calum a chocolate or give him an extra page in the paper.

He rushed towards the staff room and luckily there were only a few teachers there.

"Mum?"

Liz was probably grading papers but walked towards him immediately.

"What's wrong honey? Are you sick? You look sick."

"I have to go."

He knew he looked like he was about to throw up. He felt like it.

"Where? If you're sick, I can drive you home."

"No. There's something up with Michael."