Chapter Thirteen

(So I've finally uploaded, sorry for taking so long. I hope to keep up with updating.)

Amelia's POV

Using my nose, I open my door. I shift back and lock it before I start to rummage around for clothes.

"Lilly?" I hope she's listening.

"Yeah?" Oh, thank god. I head out of the door fully clothed, ready to go see my father.

"Where's Thomas? Is he."

"He's fine, don't worry go see your father, I'll be ready to hear everything after."

We tell each other everything, Colton included, apart from a few things. He's a great friend, but I don't feel comfortable with him knowing as much as Lilly, I've come to the conclusion that it's because he's a guy.

I reach my father's office, not sure if I'm ready to open it or not. I've no idea why he wants to talk to me, I don't think I've done anything wrong. But I guess I need to find out.

With a shaky hand, I knock on the door.

"One minute." I hear his voice.

Great so he asked me to his office but then he's busy? I hate being made to wait, I just get fidgety.

The door opens and out comes Daniel. Surprisingly he walks straight past me, I'm annoyed my presence was ignored but glad I don't have to deal with him.

"Enter" There was father's voice.

Into his office I go, he gestures I take a seat, he doesn't seem to be in a happy mood so I do as I'm told.

"First off, I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself against another pack member, however."

There it is.

"You cannot fight with Daniel."

"What!? He's the one who initiated it!"

"I don't care. Pretty soon he will be promoted to the Beta, and once you are Alpha neither of you can be initiating anything. I've already spoken to him and he's agreed to stay out of the way. The pack will be unstable if the Alpha and Beta constantly fought, you need to control it."

"Yes, Father." It's proving hard for me to stay calm, how can I be a good Alpha when he's going to be Beta?

"The second thing I want to talk to you about. I've noticed twice you have let your wolf take control. You cannot allow that to happen again."

"What do you mean?"

"A wolf must never be in power, you must be. I will let those two incidents slide, but you will need to train in order to suppress your wolf"

"Suppress Allia?" Speaking of who, I couldn't sense. I think she's resting after the fight like the last time.

"You know its name." He sighs, "you need to forget that. It's irrelevant. Daniel has successfully suppressed his wolf and is in full control, hence why he is closer to being Beta than you Alpha. This training needs to be done and you need to prove you are in control and your wolf is hidden away, only then can I train you in being Alpha."

"I thought we lived alongside our wolves?"

"We used to before the wolves took over began the war. We cannot allow them to do so again, so we suppress them." He reaches around in his desk drawer and brings out a book, it looks old, bound in leather and falling apart.

"I know you've read about mates and wolves."

"What?" He can't know, I've done so well in hiding those books.

"You don't think I notice books going missing? And who else is going to sneak into the restricted area and take them? I'm glad you're interested in your heritage, however, instead of reading about the past you should read about the present"

I take the book and my leave, but before I open the door my father speaks.

"It would be appreciated if you returned the books by the way."

"I will." I open the door and take a step out of his office taking a deep breath as the door closes itself behind me.

"So!" Lilly jumps out of nowhere.

"Don't do that." I give a teasing glare.

"Sorry sorry, so what was said?" She looks at the book in my hands.

As we walk to my room I explain what my father said. She takes it all in, interesting yet confused because she's yet to go through the change, she isn't 16 for another couple of months, but she can still use the pack link because was allowed in by the Alpha when she was 14 and showed her maturity, the same as me and Colton.

We reach my room and I put the book in my bedside drawer.

"Aren't you going to read it now?" Lilly's sat on my bed arms folded in annoyance.

"You know you can't read it until."

"Until I change yeah yeah. It's not fair"

"What it's not fair I was born before you?" I take out the books from my mattress, Lilly and Colton are the only ones, well besides my father I guess, who knows about them. The three of us would spend our spare time in my room reading them.

"Yeah exactly." She huffs and falls backward, laying herself down on my bed.

"Hey, Lils? Where's Thomas?" I've just realised he's not with Lilly, I'm not used to having him around yet and the talk with my father distracted me from anything else.

"Oh, he's with Colton in his room."

"Lilly!"

She shoots up, "What?"

"You left Thomas with Colton? He's going to be shit scared being left with alone with a male wolf!"

She realises her mistake as she gasps and follows me as we run to Colton's room. Thomas is going to be a shaking nightmare. Colton won't be able to calm him down, Thomas will be thinking the worst.

When we reach Colton's room I waste no time in barging the door open, ready to calm down Thomas, hoping he hasn't injured himself with fright. 

__________________________________________________-

Don't forget to vote!