Chapter Six

Thomas' POV

The door is opened as I am beat.

I feel an immense amount of power pushing down on me. Not from the one on top of me, but a type of power that cuts off everything in me. I can't move properly, I can't feel, I can barely breathe.

The wolf pinning me down quickly disappears and the other two who were beating me back away.

This gives me an opportunity to slowly and painfully crawl and hug myself in a corner.

I watch from the corner as, who I presume is my new owner, throws one of them to ground. The anger and the animal like sounds that are coming from her make me shake and fear for my life.

The ones who were so big and powerful against me, run out of the door in fear of her.

I watch her, my eyes fixated on her every move. She crouches down so she's in front of me. I try and push myself closer to the wall in desperation for the safety of my own life. One hit from her and i'm dead, not severely harmed like usual, but dead. 

"Thomas" I hear my name being called from her lips. This surprises me, as every other owner I've had has only called me by the word, "here." Or they haven't called me at all and instead dragged me or hit me to where they want. I duck my head even further down, in fear of looking in her eyes, i don't know what power she holds, she turn me into stone for all I know. 

"Thomas, look at me." Her voice changes from the previous softness, I feel her supernatural power overbearing me, I hate this feeling but to make it stop I do as I'm told.

Luckily she can't turn me into stone, well she might be able to but right now she isn't. 

She has a look of sadness, but I don't believe it for a second.

"Thomas i'm not going to hurt you in anyway."  Of course I don't believe her. I've been told that far to many times, I'm no longer naive.

"I won't hurt you" then straight after I get hit. It's my own fault for believing them. But I've learned now, never trust that they'll be nice to me, there's no such thing as kindness. 

She starts moving, I hug myself tighter anticipating an attack, but it doesn't come. I sneak a look and see that she's sat on her knees.

This confuses me because, had I the nerve and energy, I could knock her over and run. But where would I go? And of course she's stronger than me, there's no chance of me even making her stumble. This has to be test, to see if I'll run away or not, and if I do then I'll get punished.

She moves her hand, I clutch myself waiting. But she keeps it in the air between herself and I, the palm facing upward. She repeats herself in saying, "I'm not going to hurt you Thomas." But I still don't believe it, I can't. I won't bring myself to be so naive in believing her, only for the beating to hurt me both physically and emotionally. I'd rather just hurt on the outside.

"Thomas, please. I'm not going to save you from those creeps, to hurt you myself. I would never hurt you. I want to protect you. Just please, understand that." Her voices sounds like she's pleading with me, I don't understand, it's supposed to be me pleading.

I tighten my arms around myself, I don't understand any of this!

She moves her other hand to put it palm up in front of me. But this can only mean that she wishes to grab me. I press myself instinctively against the wall.

I hear a slight muttering coming from her, it terrifies me further than I already am, that I don't know what she's saying.