Chapter Twelve

Thomas' POV

I don't like what's going on. This is what I hate. Wolves fighting.

They bite, they growl, they attack. Blood spills, so much blood.

"If he's not a dog then why is he guarding your little sex slave like one?" The voice breaks into me. It surrounds me, it fills me. The words fill me.

I drop my head as I'm reminded of what I am, today hasn't been like that. But the future will be, nothing will change for me. Everything will return to normal after today is over.

"He's not a sex slave, just because you have one doesn't mean everyone else does!" Despite what my Master says, it's true. I've been sold too many times as a sex slave for it not to be true. The wolves in this room know that, it's no secret. If the Alpha's daughter bought a sex slave then it would no doubt have been spread, they would all know.

Someone is moving me. I focus on what's in front of me and see Colton. He's nudging me with his head away from my Master and the other scary wolf. I let him. I want to be as far away from it as possible.

Looking past Colton I watch as my Master changes. The sound and the sight, I hate it. I hoped I'd never have see it again, but that was obviously a stupid, stupid hope. I remember the last time I witnessed it, I'd done something wrong, but I can't even remember what. He just snapped, he screamed, he changed, he flung himself about.

My head starts to ring. An Alpha's growl. I've never heard one before. It shakes me, it fills me and it feels like its killing me. My legs give in and crash into fur. Colton caught me, but why?

The female wolf, Lilly takes hold of me. I can't find the energy to try move away from her. Instead I let her take me in her arms. The darkness lets me take my mind elsewhere.

I think about the three wolves I've met since I was bought. My Master hasn't struck me or bad mouthed me yet. She stopped the wolves at the auction house from beating me, and she's defended me against being named by my very true title of a sex slave. I still believe she's trying to trick me, she wants me to fall into her trap. Make me think she's nice, that she isn't like every other wolf, then when my guard is down she'll turn. She'll turn like they all do. I'll be tricked into talking, into breaking their pack law, that's when my punishment will be delivered.

The male wolf is who she'll give me to. Colton. She'll give me to him, then my title will stand true. The female one, Lilly is playing along too. That's why she has her arms around me. She's the one I'm meant to trust in, the one I'm meant to talk to. But I won't. They tried to earlier but I won't let them. I can't go through it again. I won't. Never trust a wolf.

A howl brings be back to the world. I look through the gap between the female wolf's arms. My Master has another wolf between her teeth, her growl shatters my core. I curl up, hoping to just dissapear. But as usual I don't. The other wolf walks away from my Master.

I follow the glances of the other wolves, my Master's father is stood at the top of the stairs. Lilly takes me by the wrist and pulls me up. Her and Colton walk me to a room I've never been in before.

"Thomas". Lilly stands in the doorway as soon as the three of us reach the room. "This is Colton's room, you'll be safe here with him". She steps backwards out of the doorway, shutting it behind her. Leaving me alone, in a room, with a male wolf. I dare not turn around.