Chapter Eight

Thomas POV

I kept my eyes trained to the floor throughout the trip, I couldn't look out of the window, doing so would be punishable. I've learnt that the hard way.

When the car stopped I eventually gained the courage to look up, I saw my master with a smile across her face. This I didn't like, why is she smiling at me?

Is this the part where everyone comes out and gets me? Please don't let me be a chew toy. I don't want that again.

My master gets out the car without taking hold of my lead. But I don't know what to do, I can't get out without being told to.

I wince as the door she went out of is slammed shut, and her Mother begins talking to her.

"You" I lift my head instantly to see her Father speaking to me. He doesn't look at me, but glares at me through a mirror.

"You better behave for my daughter." He takes a deep breath and then actually turns around and looks at me.

"Look at me. Into my eyes." I can't argue with him, he's this pack's Alpha, he's my Master's Father, he could and will kill me for disobeying.

When I look into his eyes I feel strange, it's as if there's a weird feeling inside and around me, I don't like this feeling, I don't know it.

"You better behave for her, you'll be stupid not to."

I don't like where this is going.

"If you don't she'll be forced to give you back." His eyes now look as though they're going straight through me.

The way he speaks sounds as though he's talking to himself.

"I saw the way she looked at you, she'll be a great Alpha someday. She'll protect this pack." My eyes widened at this.

I thought she would become the Luna or go to another pack, that's what they usually do. My Master is the future Alpha? I'm going to die.

His eyes come back to look at me, "she'll protect you."

What? No, I can't believe this. No one ever protects their pet.

"She won't let anyone harm you." He turns around to face the car wheel and mutters something to himself.

I turn my head to see my Master opening the door. I don't want to get out, I don't understand what her Father said to me. But I do get out as I have no choice.

"Don't worry, you may be scared by this but inside there." She points to the house.

I follow her finger to see a rather large house, but a house non the less. It looks nice, as though it's been taken care of with flowers dotted around in bunches and its clean windows.

"Is some of my pack."

What? No, please there can't be. Every other time there's only been one or two, and my life's been hell. What will happen to me if there's an entire pack?

"Calm down, they won't hurt you. They would never dream of it."

How does she know I'm worried? Am I going to get punished now? I don't want to get punished any more.