Chapter Five

Amelia's POV

I stand in shock at what I see.

The human is being pinned down, while his face and side are repeatedly kicked.

'This is not acceptable' I feel a changed within myself, I know by the recently familiar feeling that my eyes are purple, and I feel my body move on its own.

I take hold of the guy who is pinning Thomas down, and slam him chest first into the wall, pinning his arm behind his back, pulling it upwards until I hear a groan.
I take a deep breath and growl into his ear, "what do you think you're doing?"

He breathes heavily as he stutters an answer, " we...we were teaching him lesson."

I pull him back from the wall and then thrown him into the floor by his back, I rest my knee across his chest and I feel as Allia pours our power into my leg, to keep him pinned down.

My voice grows deeper and there appears to be a snarl to it, " you don't think I can do that myself if I wanted to?"

The other two have smartly moved away from Thomas as they stand against the wall. "We were doing as we were told, we always do this."

"Did I tell you to beat him? Did I say you could so much as touch him?"

They look at me confused, " but, that's what always happens"

I give them a glare that I hope kills them, " get out." I snarl under my breath and release pressure from the one beneath me.

I watch with delight as they scramble over each other to run out and I feel myself regaining control.

Nice one Allia. 'Don't mention it. Although it would have been nice to hurt them like they hurt poor Thomas.'

I agree with her, but don't want to scare him anymore than I probably have done.

'Oh no, I forgot about that. I'm so sorry Amelia.' I reassure her that she did the right thing.

And walk towards the door and as I close it I see my Mother and Father nod at me and then leave, most likely to go and eat.

Turning around I see the state that Thomas is in; a shaking ball in the corner.

Lowering my myself down so I don't scare him any further, I make my way until I'm in front of him, but I keep my distance.

"Thomas" I whisper to him. But he only hugs himself tighter.

I hate that I have to use my authority, but if it's the only way for him to understand that I'm not going to hurt him, then I have no choice.

"Thomas, look at me." I still whisper but I add a little sternness to my voice. It seems to work as he lifts his head. I see his faded green eyes. As faded and empty as they are, they're beautiful.

"Thomas, I'm not going to hurt you in any way." His face doesn't change from his current state of terror. He's probably been told that before and lied to, which means he's obviously not going to trust a thing I say.

'Try showing him your hand' I take her advise and do something a little extra of my own.

I sit down on my knees, putting myself in a vulnerable position, and hold out my hand palm up towards him. "I'm not going to hurt you Thomas."

He still doesn't move an inch. It infuriates me that someone can become this terrified to point where they can't trust anyone for the fear of being betrayed.

"Thomas, please. I'm not going to save you from those creeps, to hurt you myself. I would never hurt you. I want to protect you. Just please, understand that." I hold out my other hand palm up to him.

Yet he still doesn't take either of them. Only curls up tighter and presses himself up against the wall.

"I won't give up." I mutter to myself.

I try to show him, to prove to him I won't hurt him, by slowly reaching my hand towards him. He inches away from hand and then flinches his entire body away from me when I place my hand on his forearm.

He begins shaking like a leaf. "Thomas, look at me please."

He does as he is asked, but I feel it's out of obedience rather than trust.

I place my other hand on his other forearm, making him flinch once more.

"I'm not going to hurt you."

That's when I notice his face, bruises have already begun to form. I want to fix it, to try and make him better, but I fear I may accidentally deal more damage as he will flinch himself away and hurt himself.

Instead I slowly move my hands down until I take hold of his hands. "We're just going to stand up now. Ok?"

I slowly make my way up and as I pull him with me, he follows suit, but gain out of obedience and not trust.

I know it's going to be a while before he ever trusts me, I doubt he ever will. But I can't stop trying, I won't. He needs to understand that he has a friend in this world. I won't let him be alone.

I gently pull him by the hand out of the room.

He keeps his head down as I take him to parents, he must be able to feel their power. I've read that humans can feel power from dominant wolves. I wonder if it's hurting him, or if it just scares him.

'We should read up on that, the more we know the more we can gain his trust.'

Your right, but if it does hurt him then I don't know how I can stop it. The pack tend to have dominance battles and even though they mean nothing, the power they use might hurt him.

'Don't worry, we'll think of something.'

"Sweetheart. You must put a lead on him."

I look up and see my disapproving moving. I frown at her, but she ignores me as I am handed a lead.

"You may not want to but it's the law. You don't want him being taken away from you, do you?"

I can't win this battle, I don't want to put one on him, but I have no choice. I won't let him get taken away from me, ever. He's going to stay with me forever, out of harms way.

I slowly attach the lead to his collar, I don't want to scare him. To make sure I don't, I look into his eyes as apologetic as I can.

As we walk out of the auction, my Mother notices the bruise of his face, "they really did a number on him. You'll have to get some ice on that when we get home."

She keeps looking straight ahead. But I smile at the back of her head, she doesn't want him hurt. She wants to help him. As much as she dislikes the idea of him, she's willing to help his pain lessen.

The car door is opened and I gently put my hand on his back and motion for him to get in. It may not be liked by many, but I'm not putting him in the boot of the car. Instead he can sit next to me in the back. As much as my parents disapprove, they say nothing of it.

When we get home, I hope Daniel won't be there. I don't want Daniel anywhere near him. I just want to get Thomas safe and sound in my bedroom, where I can make him better, and put some cream on his bruises.

___________________
Don't forget to vote!