Chapter Seven

Amelia's POV

When we turn into our drive, I begin to feel nervous. Mainly it's because I'm worried for Thomas.

He can't feel the relaxed presence of wolves. He doesn't know how many of the pack are in there.

I'm my worried for his safety around the majority of the pack, most of them treat their pets well, give them nice food and let them sit with them. Although they can't talk I know many wish they could. I'm sure some let them talk in their rooms. Although I can never bring it up.

I do know that there are some that beat their pets such as Daniel, but if the other pack members catch someone beating another's pet, then punishments are a necessity.

I just know the moment he sees how many of us there are, he's bound to either freak out or harm himself trying not to.

As I get out of the car my Mother stands in front of me and shuts the door.

"Mum! I can't leave him in.." But I am interrupted by her.

"You must hold him by the lead both inside the house and outside. I know you will let him talk in your room, I'm not stupid. But make sure no one is around, if your friends talk to him too then it's your fault if one of then let's the secret out. Don't start with me it's happened before, not in our pack but it has happened. Treat him like the majority treat theirs. This is our deal I am making for your own good, you can befriend him in your own time and so can your friends, but around others he is a pet that is obedient by the pack laws." I'm baffled, my Mother knows me better than I thought.

But if I can befriend him and get him to talk to me, then all I have to so is treat him as a normal pet in front of everyone else. I give my Mother a big hug, because I don't know what to say.

She hugs me back and then opens the door to a very terrified Thomas.

"Don't worry, you may be scared by this but inside there." I point to the building as he stands up next to me. I never realised that he's a head taller than me.

He looks to where in pointing

"Is some of my pack." His eyes become wide with fear. "Calm down, they won't hurt you. They would never dream of it." I can't tell him about Daniel, he'll likely start crying and begging. Although I fear he's already been treated the way Daniel treats his pets.

"They will just want to meet you. Also, because of pack rules you, you can't talk. I'm sorry." He looks at the building, I've noticed through the lead that he's shaking.

I slowly put my hand on his shoulder and look him in the eye. "Don't be scared, I will protect you no matter what." This seems to calm him down somewhat. He's no longer shaking and instead looks confused.

As we walk closer to the, already open, front door, his eyes are wide.

The moment I turn to see what he's so terrified of, a large, brown mass of fur barrels into me and knocks me down across the gravel. Luckily I let go of Thomas the moment I saw it.

I take hold of the fur on the wolf's shoulders and we begin to wrestle. The wolf snarls and snaps at me but I snarl back in my human form although it does stays on top of me since I can't push it off. I'm not strong enough yet.

The wolf brings it muzzle down to my ear, I take the opportunity to push it's head down to the side. It rolls over and scrambles away from me, only to run back into me. This time I take it head on, we push against each other's weight for dominance. But eventually my legs buckle and the wolf knocks me other with a snarl.

"Cease!" My Mother calls out to us in her Luna tone. Immediately silencing the both us, the large wolf instantly shuts up and turns to face his Luna with his tail between his legs and his head close to the ground and I stand up with my head down. Her power as a Luna is great and fierce.