X Factor

"Hi what's your name sweetheart?" Demi asks.

"My name is Y/N" You respond trying to feign confidence.

"Hello Y/N, who are you here with today?" Simon asks.

You glance to the backstage across from you hesistanting momenrarily, "I am actually here with my best friend Jess and her mother today."

"Wonderful, and where are your parents today?"

You bit your lip while contemplating how to reply; relax Y/N, it's a new beginning, no one will judge, just be honest, you think to yourself. "My foster parents are at work right now unfortunately and aren't able make the time to bring me, I'm just here with Jess and her Mum today."

All the judges looked at you, stunned into silence momentarily until Demi speaks up, "I am sorry to hear that they are unavailable, but I'm sure they are proud of what you are doing today and are glad you are surrounded by people who are supportive of you"

"Thank you and yes I am very grateful for the people around me." You reply as a subtle blush formed across your cheeks as you think of Jess and all the times she has stayed up at night helping you practise this song.

"What song will you be singing today?" She asks.

"I will be singing Hallelujah today," you reply as someone carried out an electric guitar. "It has been one of mine and Jesses favourite songs for a long time."

"Well I wish you the best of luck," Simon replied.

——————————————————————

    Demi wiped tears from her eyes as she looked upon you, "that was beautiful Y/N, I could feel a startling amount of pain for someone of your age conveyed through that song."

"Thank you Mrs. Lovato" you replied smiling while gripping your guitar, knuckles white as you try to suppress the waves of emotion surging through you leftover from singing such a song that embodies so much of you. You look over your left shoulder and see Jess giving you an encouraging smile and a small wink causing you to feel the sadness leaving your body causing it to begin to relax.

    "It's a yes from me" Demi said, "I look forward to seeing what you bring to the stage in the future."

    "It's a yes from me," Britney said.

    "Definitely a yes from me," came from LA Reid, "its been a long time since we've heard such a powerful voice from a fifteen year old."

    "Something tells me we will be seeing much more from you in the future," Simon says, "it's a huge, one hundred percent yes from me."

You run off stage with tears running down your face as you jump into Jess's arms.

    "I knew you could do it baby," she mumbled into your neck as she spins you around. "You're my rock star I always told you that." She looks at you with a glint in her eye, "so so proud of you baby girl."

"You blush ducking your head into the crook of her neck rubbing your nose below her jawline, "was good yeah?"

"The best I've ever heard baby," she replys giving you a kiss on the nose. "Always told you you sing my favourite version, so proud that everyone else got to make it their favourite one too."

"Alright alright it's my turn for a hug, got to get a piece of the superstar now while I can," Jess's mother Diane requests.

——————————————————————

    Tears pouring down your face as you shake and clutch your arms around Jess's neck, you were just told that you didn't make it pass boot camp and haven't been able to form any words past a sob since.

    "Shhh baby it's okay I have you," Jess murmurs into your hair as you cling to her as you straddle her, sitting in her lap. "They don't know what they're missing, don't worry your time will come and you won't need them."   

"May Ally Brooke, Normani Hamilton, Lauren Jauregui, Dinah Jane, Camila Cabello and Y/N Y/LN please come back to the stage please."

    Your head shoots up in Jesses hold and you look into her eyes hopefully, "go on baby," she whispers as she runs her fingers through your long blonde hair and wipes the tears from your cheeks. "Go make them regret ever overlooking you."

    You give her a massive hug and a quick peck on the cheek precariously close to her mouth, pulling her in tight one more time before she nudges you to go, sending you scurrying off back towards the stage in the direction where the announcement came from.

    "We have yet to see such a vast amount of talent in this competition, to simply let you girls go would be ridiculously foolish," Simon spoke as he glanced at the pad of paper befoe him. "The judges and I have put our heads together and have decided that you ladies would compliment each other in group and combined would provide the best trajectory towards stardom. From now on you ladies are officially advancing as a group, congratulations, we expect big things from you."

    You turned to the other girls squealing as you jumped into a group hug, Ally and Dinah both openly crying. You look at each one of them taking in who your new bandmates will be until you lock eyes with a certain brunette, deep chocolate eyes stare back at you and suddenly everything around feels slowed down. You began to feel an invisible string seemingly pulling you towards her, a burning need to be wrapped in her arms to feel safe and complete.

You walk slowly towards her, she reaches out pulling you into a tight hug as her eyes almost seem to glow brighter the closer you step in her direction. "Hello princess," she whispered into your ear as she presses her body into yours, "looks like we we're together now aren't we." Your stomach flips, you melt into her embrace and glance up at her trying to meet her eyes to decipher if the double meaning was just a slip of the tongue or something more. She presses a hard kiss onto the crown of your head, the hold she has on you feels borderline possesive, as if you could shatter and she is the only one able to keep you whole.

Camilas body shields you from being able to see the glance that Lauren tries to give you. She meets Camilas eye, and takes an almost threatening stance as she stares at Camila. A look in her eye that seems so protective and wary of the older brunette that has you currently wrapped in her embrace, that if you saw it you would begin to question the meaning behind the intensity of the hold Camila has upon you.

Feedback appreciated!!