Chapter 23. Clash of the Mentor and Norse God Boyfriend Part Three

I woke up in a hospital bed, strapped down. The straps were at my ankles, wrists, and stomach. The heart monitor spiked up as I pulled on the restraints. My breathing hitched as I saw white wrap around my torso with a faint red blood splotch. My head hurt and I was no longer in the long white formal dress, I remained on the bed in black and white running shorts and a black sports bra. I blew a piece of hair out of my face and looked around the room finding it empty.

" I need to get out of here. " I said sighing as I pulled onto the restraints once again.

" Why, so you can run off with you're little boyfriend. " Clint said jumping down from the air panel. 'Shit' I muttered as Clint stared at me.

" No, I meant just to get out of this bed, not out of SHIELD. Wait, were you watching me while I slept? "

" Fury said someone needed to watch you while they train some new recruits. "

" Who are the recruits? " I asked as Clint undid my ankle restraints.

" Wanda Maximoff and her brother Pietro. "

Wanda and Pietro Maximoff, why does that name sound familiar?

" What can they do? I asked as Clint hesitated to take off my torso restraint, obviously staring at the white bandage that had a faint blood spot.

" I didn't think you would do that. I am so sorry. " Clint calmly put a hand on the bandage, examining the red spot.

" Clint, it's fine. " I said as I watched his eyes fill with sorrow.

" No, it's not Melanie. " Clint said sternly as his jaw tightened.

" I was being reckless- "

" Do you really love him? " I stopped and met Clint's eyes. My mouth went dry as I tried to say something, anything. I looked down at his hand that was placed on top of my wound. Tears were trailing down my cheeks as I saw Clint turn around and walk out of the room.

" I'm sorry. "

-

" Avengers. This is Melanie Chapel. " Fury said broadly, pulling me to his side.

" Melanie Chapel, meet the Avengers. Earth's Mightiest Heroes. " Fury said motioning to the group of people standing in front of me.

There was five guys and one girl.

The girl had fiery short red hair, and was wearing loose gray sweats with a white t-shirt.

One guy had unruly chocolate brown hair, and had this nerdy vibe surrounding him. His glasses layed nicely at the bridge of his nose, his dark skin contracted nicely against his calm purple button up shirt. He wore khaki pants and had a bit of a five o clock shadow.

Someone hasn't gotten much sleep, now have they.

The next guy had almost the same unruly hair, but was more styled than the nerdy guy. His facial hair was dark and prominent, meaning he wasn't as old as he let on. The faded AC DC shirt went nice with his jeans, kinda had a little edge playing against him.