Chapter 15. Which is the truth? Which is the lie?

'Melanie

Well, you're new.'

I froze as he turned around and walked towards me from the glass.  I saw the hint of sadness in his eyes, but was quickly covered up.

" Melanie Chapel is it? "

How did he-

" By your lack of social activity, I assume I am right? "His voice trailed off as I studied him. He was wearing black slacks, a white button up shirt and dress shoes. I looked behind him and noticed a black dress coat along with a green and yellow scarf laying on his little bench. My eyes trailed back and met his, he was staring at me.

" Your name is? " I asked hoping to get rid of this awful awkward quietness.

" Loki Laufeyson, of Jotunheim. " He said with a cold voice.

" Nice to meet you. " I added with a cracked voice.

" The pleasure is all mine. " He added with a sneer. One thing I noticed was his eyes. His emerald green eyes, something I could never tear away from.

" So. I assume they threw you down here so you could steal information from my mind. " Loki said walking to the back of his cell.

" But I highly doubt you could cause any harm, "

" That's what you think. " I mumbled.

" So, why not come inside? It is quite roomy in here. " Loki said with a hint of amusement.

" What if you hurt me? " I replied sounding kinda worried.

" Trust me. I won't hurt you. " He replied with a sincere smile.

" Don't trust him Mel. "

I could practically hear Tony whispering that into my ear. Maybe he's saying that to everyone since they can watch everything from the camera.

" Here goes nothing. " I muttered.

" But you have to stay across the door, over there. " I said punching the key in.

" I give you my word. " Loki said sounding serious.

" No tricks. " I edged on.

" Promise. "

" Fine. " With that, I stepped inside the chamber and heard the door shut behind me.

" Melanie. " Loki said appearing infront of me.

" Is this what you want? " His eyes longed to be comforted by someone. He stepped forward making me back up, hitting my back on the wall. He reached out his hand and touched my cheek. I froze.

Tony

We watched from a camera in the main room. Everybody gathered around and watched Melanie walk in front of his cage. That's when the two started talking.

I hesitated to just barge down there and make some crappy excuse just to get her out of there. Then I saw Melanie walk over to the keypad.

" So, why not come inside? It is quite roomy in here. " Loki said.

That bastard.

" What if you hurt me? " Melanie said worrisome.

" Trust me. I won't hurt you. " He replied with a sincere smile.

Damn Liar.

" Don't trust him Mel. " I muttered to myself. I could tell all eyes were on me as she entered the password.

" Who the hell gave her the damn password. " I growled.

" My money's on Phil. " Nat murmured.

That's when she entered the cell.

" That's it. " I said getting up and about to exit the room until Sparky picked me up.

" Get your damn hands off of me Sparky! " I yelled.

" Hold on Stark. " Fury said, without his eyes leaving the screen.

Then Melanie got pressed against the glass with Loki touching her face.

" That little son of a- " I started but got cut off by Captain Spangles.

" Where's Sam? " Steve said aloud.

" Bitch. "

Melanie

I couldn't move whatsoever. None of my body parts wanted to move. His hand stroked my cheek and lingered there for a moment before being thrusted towards him. My face was pushed against his chest as he held me tightly.

Damn his height.

" Please remember. " He said softly but leaked misery terribly.

His hand stroked my hand and I couldn't move, not even utter a word. As he wrapped his hands tighter around my body, I felt a fluttery sensation in my body. It coursed through my veins, head to toe.

" Loki. That's enough. " A deep voice said behind me.

" Leave Samuel. You took her once, your services are no longer needed. "

Services?

" Loki we had a deal. Let her go. " My father said with a deep growl.

" Fine. " Loki said coldly only before pushing me down to the ground. I fell to the ground and saw Loki stomp over to my father who stood at the front of the cage.

" Everything would be perfectly fine, but you had to add your pathetic two sense in and screw up everything. Melanie was my- "

"  But she's not anymore. So suck it up and move on. That sorceress girl messed all this up! Don't you dare try and turn the table Laufeyson! " My dad spat as Loki appeared before me.

" Melanie. Do you not care about anything at all? Before your accident - "

" Shut your mouth Loki! " Tony yelled at the entrance.

Millions of things raced through my mind as these few minutes passed.

" She has the right to know! " Loki yelled as tears brimmed along his eyes.

" Someone get Melanie out of there! " My dad yelled.

Loki put his hands on my cheeks and looked me dead in the eye.

" Do you not remember anything? " Loki pleaded.

I shook my head because words couldn't comprehend to come out of my mouth.

" My dearest Melanie.. " Loki said putting a hand on my forehead.

" LOKI DON'T! " My dad and Tony yelled in unison.

A cold feeling was soon spreading all over my forehead. My blood ran cold. I could practically feel myself getting weaker, much weaker.

" I did this for you. " Loki said looking me in the eye.

And right before I blacked out I heard Loki whisper something, something I could barely hear over the banging on the cage and the consistent yelling.

" I did this for us. "

xXx