Chapter 22. Clash of the Mentor and Norse God Boyfriend Part Two.

Melanie.

" All I am is just watching out for you. "

" Clint, everything is perfectly fine. The mission is going alright, what could possibly go wrong? "

Clint tensed up and faced me. The bruise on his left cheek was an awkward yellow-greenish color.

" You could fall in love with him. " I looked at Clint as if he were crazy, and burst out laughing.

" Clint, please. This mission is as easy as taking candy from a baby. I won't fall for him. No fucking strings attached. I promise. Okay? " Clint looked up at me and smiled.

" Okay. "

-

" What is next to happen? "

" The formal. " I answered, getting out of a SHIELD car.

" Then? "

" I don't know, " I glanced at Clint. " We shall take it by year. "

-

" So, the girl cannot fight her own battles? Is that why your here? "

"She doesn't even know of my well fare being here. "

" Will she be mad when she finds out? " Loki teased. Damn straight I will be. My location was on the balcony above the two hot heads about to go at it.

" Probably. " Clint said aiming his bow at Loki.

" Now, would she feel worse if you killed me right here, right now? "

"What. I'm doing her a favor. I'm finishing her task for her. "

" What task. " Loki asked, walking slowly forward. I tensed. I have been meaning to tell Hawkeye that I failed our promise. I had fallen for the God of Mischief.

" You. " Loki looked at the ground, angry.

" You're lieing. "

"No. I'm not. Fury assigned you as a task to her to see if she could get any information out of you. "

" No. She loves me. "

" No. She hates you. " Clint countered, tensing up on his bow.

" Lies. That's what your trying to do. Fill me with lies. "

" I'm telling the truth. "

" LIAR! Melanie wouldn't do such thing! We both love each other! She promised me that she did.. "

" She promised me she wouldn't fall for you. Look how that turned out. " Before I knew it, tears were running down my face. I looked at Loki and saw his face harden. I jumped off the balcony and stood infront of Loki, scaring the shit out of Clint.

" Loki- "

" Is this true Melanie. " My mouth opened, not able to have any words come out. I nodded.