Chapter 27.

Melanie.

A month had passed from my anti-gravity chamber, and things couldn't have gotten any better. I've been able to out-run Clint, pin down Natasha for 15 seconds during our training, I got a lot of the fighting stances down, and I got Tony and Bruce back for them pranking me on my first day here.

I got them pretty damn good.

*previous week*

"You don't think Melanie is bugged out do to our consistent pranking, do you?" I watched Bruce ask cautiously, looking for my whereabouts. Tony shook his head and continued onto his computer screen that he had been tending for hours before hand.

"No, Melanie is perfectly fine. She isn't capable of doing a good prank." With that, I emerged out of my hiding spot and held my remote in hand. What was the remote for, you might ask?

Remember my anti-gravity chamber I had built?

Well, let's just say that I have modified it, quite a bit.

"Is that so, Stark?" A smirk slowly came upon my face as the two startled scientists looked my way.

"Uh-oh." Bruce gulped, as I pushed the button. I closed the door and the receptors turned on. Less than five seconds, everything began to float, harmlessly, into the air. Bruce and Tony began to freak out as their feet left the floor. Hysterics came and I was on the ground, laughing my butt off.

This was priceless.

I didn't turn off the receptors until Bruce had attempted to cry. It was a very good day, if I do say so myself. Although, I wasn't allowed to work on my receptors anymore at the moment, it was still worth it.

"Hey Mel, you heading out to lunch anytime soon?" I looked up and saw Cap waiting outside of my door. I grinned and told him that I would be out in a minute. He nodded and left to the cafeteria. I continued to pick up what little I had and made me way to the door.

"Excuse me, are you Melanie?" I looked up and saw a beautiful green-eyed blonde woman, waiting at my door.

"Uh, yes. Who are you?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, my bad. I am Amy, I just started working here. I'm trying to be familiar with the faces that I come across from. " With that she left. I pushed the weird encounter aside and made my way to the lunch room. Weird blondes make me hungry.

I walked to the cafeteria and saw everybody sit at their designated table, instantly changing my course of direction. Right before I could push open the doors, I ran into someone. I fell to the floor, instantly becoming leveled with a pair of calves and thighs.

"My apologies," My head shot up to see a very good looking guy with black hair and green eyes. Not to mention, he had an english accent. He pulled me up and away from the doors, and placed his hands on my shoulders. His hair was short and pushed to the side. He was very attractive.

"No, it's alright." I reassured him. I gave him a small smile and then looked to the ground.

What do people usually say after they got knocked down?

"Uh, my name's Luke." He held his hand out for a handshake. I took it hesitantly and responded back saying that my name was Melanie. When we shook hands, I felt tingles rise up my arm and go down my body.

That was weird.

"Okay, well nice meeting you Luke,-" The name still felt foreign to me, " But if you'll excuse me, I must go." He grabbed my forearm, making me look up at him.