A Head on Collision into Fate

Alma POV

"Ok, fine but you must at least think that Al Walker is hot?" Deloris says.

I roll my eyes and say "No, he's got huge hands and feet."

"Well, you know what they say. Big feet mean he's got a big-" Ada starts.

"Now, Ada get your mind out of the gutter. Besides Walter is by far hotter than Al. I mean he is 6'2, and he's definitely gonna be a famous basketball player one day." Ella says.

"Or what about Samuel? I mean the man has better hair than Chuck Berry and he's got enough waves in his hair to make a girl seasick." Ruby says as she swoons.

"Come on, why must we talk about boys every morning on our way to school?" I ask.

"Why not?" Asked Deloris

"Yea, why not? Unlike you, the rest of us are dreaming about getting a guy. While half the guys in school are basically drooling over you. I mean Doug, the football quarterback is basically in love with you. We all would love to date him so could you do that for us?" Asked Ada.

I turn around and hold my school books in my arms as I walk backward. "Come on ladies, there are more important things in life other than boys-" I start.

Suddenly, I am stopped midsentence when I crash into something behind me and I am sent flying towards the ground.

I suddenly make contact with the ground and something soft. I turn my head to see what I landed on. My eyes meet a pair of blue ones and I am mesmerized. Then I realize that I a practically laying on a white guy.

We both immediately jump to our feet and are scrambling to grab our books as we say a mish-mosh of "Sorry."

My friends scramble to grab my books, we pick up the books so fast I am not sure if I have them all.

I notice that there is still a textbook on the floor and we both reach for the book at the same time. Our fingers touch and our eyes meet again.

We let our gaze and fingers linger there as I am lost in his eyes. Our "moment" is broken by the chatter of his friends behind him.

"Don't worry about it I got." He says.

We both stand up abruptly and as I turn away to speed walk past him he says "Sorry, I didn't mean to crash into you. I wasn't paying attention."

I don't reply instead me and my girls continue to rush past them and to school. However, I quickly steal a quick glance behind me to get one more look at the boy with the blue eyes.

George POV

As I sit at my desk, in my first class my thoughts wander to the girl I ran into today. I can't help but think about how beautiful she was. Her brown eyes and dark hair in a perfect updo. I don't know why but I just can't stop thinking about her.

"Ok, take out your English notebooks." The teacher says bring me out of my thoughts.

As I reach down to grab my books I sigh because I probably will never see her again. I mean I don't even know her name and probably never will.

I pick up my notebook and realize that it says, Alma Thompson on the front of it. Suddenly I realize that I have her notebook. We must have gotten it mixed up, being that we were in such a rush to pick them up.

"Alma," I say to myself. What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. I flip through the pages of her notebook and run my fingers along the words that she has written. As if they will give me the same feeling as her fingers did when we touched. I sigh and before I realize it I write my name and number on the next blank sheet of paper. I write: call me, I think you're beautiful. When the bell goes off signaling that class is over I realize that she needs to get her notebook back in order to see what I wrote. Although this is a terrible idea, I plan to try to meet her on her way back home after school. She has to go back home the same way she came this morning. I know she is black, but I just need to see her one more time.
________________________________
Please like and leave a comment 😊