7- A not so made up illusion

"Not all who wander are lost"

-J.R.R. Tolkien

**************
I suddenly hear a knock on my bedroom door. I get up from my bed and I go to the door and I open it.

-Seriously Max-I look at him.

-I am still an agent so yeah-He scratches the top of his head and he looks at me embarrassed.

-Leave me alone.

-I cant

I go to my bed and I do not bother so and I keep the door open because a part of me wanted Max to be there but also my other part wanted him to leave.

-Talk.

-I..lov...

I interrupt him right there.

-Don't you dare say those words again.

-Why not?

-You don't deserve it

-It's the truth.

-No, it's not, especially after you did that to me.

I look at him, his green eyes make me crazy but then something comes to my mind, the idea that he killed my best friend.

"I love movies, I always liked it. I don't have any preferences, well maybe I do, I've always liked a good romantic comedy. And in these films, there is always a part where the male protagonist or the female protagonist is in a state of trance for seeing his passion for the first time, or for having discovered something that turns out to be the plot twist of the film. I was in the second option.

I rub my eyes and I look forward, contemplating the evil smile of the person who has cared for me since I was a child.

-Dad-I say surprised once more.

I try to get out of Max's barrier, but he's stronger than me, so he blocks me with his body.

-Ryan, what do you want?-Max keeps a serious expression.

-You know very well. I considered you as part of the family and then you betrayed me--he takes a deep breath--cop.

-Go away, I'm protected, if you do anything, you will be killed.

My father smiles defeated and looks at me one more time, and for a second I could swear I saw my father, my dear father. I grab Max's waist with all my strength and I go deeper into the water of the pool, getting completely out of Ryan's vision.

-I'm going to come back and then I will kill you.

-We'll see if you can do it-Max smiles cocky.

My father walks away and his friends follow his footsteps. I'm still hiding behind Max, with my hands around his waist. Max turns around and faces me sad. I keep my head down, enjoying the water moving against my body. I can feel his eyes running through my body.

- Sorry.

- You're always apologizing-why he always does shit and why he got me in the middle of all this.

With a sudden movement, max sighs deep and lands his hand on my face, I look up, lifting my face.

-This is what I was afraid of.

-What's that?

I look at him, he looks out of my eyes and I know it.

-You knew---I say, unbeliever.

-What?

-You knew my father..... Was bad

Bad?.. Well Max does not tell me anything and I do not know anything for it, bad is one of the names I have to my advantage.