Disgrace

"Mom, Dad, I need to talk to you about something!"

All eyes were now on Taehyung.

"Yes Taehyung? You know you can tell us anything."
Taehyung's mother sounded like such an amazing person.

Taehyung got yo shortly followed by Jungkook.
They both turned to look at each other. Jungkook gave Taehyung a reassuring smile. Taehyung was filled with confidence. Having Jungkook there with him meant everything.

"Mother, father," Taehyung paused to grab a hold of Jungkook's hand. His parents looked at him confused. Seeing their son's hand intertwined with the hand of another man was a strange sight to them. Taehyung felt the tension in the room still, he continued, "Jungkook is my boyfriend."
Taehyung blurted it out confidently.

"Son, quit joking around!"

"Taehyung tell us it's not true!"

"I mean it! We love each other!"

Mrs Kim burst into tears.

"My son! My son! It can't be! I was sure I raised you well!"

"This has nothing to do with how you raised me!"
Taehyung snapped back at his mother.

"Kim Taehyung! From this day on, you are no longer our son!"
Taehyung's father yelled.

"W-What?"

Jungkook was shocked and upset. He was horrified at how parents could do such a thing to their own child.

"Get out!"

"D-Dad?"

"You have no right to call me that anymore! GET OUT!"

Bursting into tears Taehyung turned to leave. He was no longer welcome. The sight of his lover crying was the most painful thing Jungkook had ever seen. He held onto Taehyung's hand to comfort him.

"Taehyung!"
Mrs Kim got their attention before they left.

Hopeful that they would apologize, Taehyung faced his "mother".

Mrs Kim walked towards him. Her eyes were red. She looked as if someone had just killed her whole family. But at the same time she looked like she could dominate the entire world.

"Kim Taehyung, you are a disgrace to this family! Never show your face to me as long as I live!"
Her words were like daggers that stabbed Taehyung's heart. Mrs Kim raised her hand. Taehyung shut his eyes as Mrs Kim's hand came flying at him. He braced himself for the pain both emotionally and physically.

He felt nothing. He waited. Had he gone numb? How come he couldn't feel Mrs Kim's hand harshly slap him across his face?

Taehyung slowly opened his eyes. Jungkook had grabbed Mrs Kim's arm preventing her from harming Taehyung. They both looked intensely into each other's eyes. They were both furious.

"How dare you touch me!"

"You have no right to harm him!"

"He is a man loving man!"

"He is your son! Does it matter which gender he's into? Does it matter who he chooses to love? In the end he is still your son! Your own flesh and blood!"

That moment happened so fast. The next minute Jungkook had grabbed Taehyung's hand and stormed out of the house. Taehyung was still crying. But he was happy Jungkook had stood up for him.

The drive home was a quiet one. Taehyung had been sleeping most of the time. Now he was awake and looking out the window. It was raining. He was in pain but, he was glad he did it.

"I'm sorry."
Jungkook said quietly trying his best to keep his eyes on the road.

"Sorry for what? You didn't do anything wrong."

"I'm sorry I made you do that."

"I did it because I wanted to and I'm glad you were there with me!"
Taehyung said giving his best boxy smile.

"I love you Kim Taehyung."

"I love you more Jeon Jungkook."

The rest of the drive was full of laughter as the two joked around. They didn't need anyone's approval. All they needed was each other.

To Be Continued...