The Best Of Me

Jungkook had showed up 30 minutes earlier than planned. He wanted to make sure he wasn't late. He didn't understand why he picked Taehyung to hang out with out of all the other people who eagerly would've said yes. Jungkook had just gone with his first instinct which had told him there was something different about Taehyung. Taehyung has an adorable boxy smile that could light up a whole room. Jungkook had not had much time to talk to him much but he had been watching from afar. The way he laughed was able to bring the dead back to life. Jungkook had no idea he was capable of feeling this way towards someone, especially someone he just met.

Taehyung walked through the doors of the small coffee shop. It wasn't very busy but it still had quite a few people. Taehyung looked around and spotted Jungkook waving at him. He walked over to the table and sat down.

"Hey Taehyung !"

"H-Hey."

Taehyung sat down on the seat opposite of Jungkook.
There was silence between them both. Neither of them knew what to say. Taehyung was thinking of the things he had heard about Jungkook.
"What if he just wants someone to toy around with?"

"So Taehyung, the weather is nice."

"Is this a date?"

"Huh?"

"Jungkook tell me, is this a date to you?"

"Depends, Do you want it to be?"

Taehyung blushed. He kinda did wanted it to a date. He had only met Jungkook earlier today but something about him felt nice.

"Never mind let's change the subject. So what's your favorite animal?"

"I think I like bunnies."

"Pffft."

"Eh? Why are you laughing??"

"I just never would've thought that the international playboy Jungkook would've really been soft for bunnies." Taehyung giggled. "Actually now that I think about it you kinda look like a cut little bunny."

"Hmp!" Jungkook crossed his arms and playfully pretended to be upset.
Taehyung giggled.
"He's so cute when he laughs" Jungkook thought.

The two talked and joked for about and hour. At one point Taehyung laughed so hard that his chocolate milk he had ordered before started coming out of his nose. They enjoyed each other's company. They had only met one another that same day but they already acted as if they were childhood best friends. The time came when the two had to go home. They said their goodbyes and walked off each with a large smile across his face.

At Jungkook's House

Jungkook walked through the door and sat on the couch next to Jimin who was watching the kids channel.

"You look happy. I guess you and Taehyung had a good time."

"Yeah, he's really good company. You know he has the cutest boxy smile ever!" Jungkook said still with a large smile on his face.

"Wow, I've never heard you talk about anyone like that."

Jungkook blushed knowing that it was true. He never felt this way about someone. But he also felt he should take things slowly since he had just barely met Taehyung.

"I guess he just brings out the best of me."

To Be Continued...