22

(Y/N)'s POV

"What are you doing in my room, Kino?" I asked him.

"I'm here because I need to ask you something." He said, sitting up on my bed.

"O-Okay, what is it?" I asked him, walking closer to him.

He sighed and looked away from me. I decided to walk until I was seated next to him. However, I did maintain my distance since I didn't want to make him uncomfortable.

"It's just that I need to know if you really have feelings for me. Because it breaks my heart to see you so close with another guy." He said, looking deep into my eyes.

"You saw?" I asked, silently.

He nodded and looked down at his hands which were on his lap.

"Do you just want to take a break and figure out who is the one that occupies your heart?" He asked.

I couldn't respond at all. I couldn't make a decision. I didn't know what to do.

"How about we stop whatever is going on between us? Maybe in the future we'll be together. Right now, I just think that you need to make up your mind about which one of us you really like." He said and walked to my room's door.

He stopped and said, "I'll wait for you."

I laid on my bed, thoughts about what Kino had said, were all I could think about. It was like his words were on repeat and I couldn't do anything about it.

I decided to take a shower and try to clear my head and thoughts.

The shower lasted about 2 hours, but in those 2 short hours, I managed to get rid of every thought of Kino and Yuto that were previously occupying every single space in my head.

The shower did help a bit, but once I was back on my bed, it was really difficult not to think about Kino and Yuto. I tossed and turned resulting in my bed getting all messed up. I didn't care though, it was just a tiny problem that could be solved in a matter if minutes and it didn't affect anything.

Compared to my other problem, this one was absolutely nothing.

I wanted to stop them from consuming my thoughts, but when I found myself just staring at my plain ceiling in boredom, my mind unconsciously drifted into thoughts about them.

I realized this eventually, but I couldn't do anything about it. Or maybe, I just didn't want to do anything about it. Maybe I needed to think about them just this once.

I fell deep into the rabbit hole that is Yuto and Kino and I couldn't find a way to escape.

______________________________________
                             Morning

I woke up and just stared at my ceiling in confusion. I didn't remember when or how I even fell asleep.

Once I managed to fully wake up, I looked over at my clock and noticed that I was late for school.

I groaned and got out of my bed. I ran straight into my bathroom and got ready as fast as I could. Once I was done, I walked down the stairs and ran to the front door and out into the driveway, picking up my backpack in the process.

I got into my car and drove to school as quickly as I could without breaking any laws. (We all know that this is a lie 😂)

Once I parked my car, I ran to the front doors and opened them. I walked to my classroom and opened the door, waiting for my teacher to ask me why I was late.