chapter 6

i blushed when i woke up and realized i had been asleep in Harry's lap. i sat up and rubbed my eyes. the watch on Harry's wrist said 5:30. he should probably get up so he can go meet Wood. i shook him gently. "Harry." i whisper yelled. "Harry get up."

he jolted awake. "blimey Riley. you scared me." he said as his eyes adjusted to the dark.

"you better get going if you're going to practice with Wood." i said gesturing to his watch that now read 5:32.

he looked at it and nodded. "thanks for waking me up." he said before he sprinted up the steps to his dorm room.

i laid back down and decided to sleep for a few more hours. i rolled over trying to get comfortable. i eventually gave up and just stared at the ceiling before i noticed Hermione on the other couch.

i stood up and walked lazily over and laid down next to her.

***

it was a fairly boring day, except i got yelled at by Snape for missing detention and had to stay in his class during lunch and write lines for a whole two hours.

after my last class, i ran upstairs to change into quidditch robes and threw my hair up into a messy ponytail before i ran to the pitch for the first practice. Wood gave some big speech about teamwork that i tuned out of after the first half hour. and then we began practice. Angelina and Katie, the other chasers, ran some passing drills with me before we began shooting. Wood blocked all my shots except one, but he Fred said thats just because he's so good. Katie called me 'honey' and Angelina called me 'sweetie' which really bugged me, but i didn't say anything cause i knew they were just being nice.

but seriously, i eleven, not five.

we have our first match against Slytherin next week and i couldn't be more nervous.

"just stay near one of us and you'll be fine." George and Fred told me while we were eating dinner.

i rolled my eyes. "just because i'm nervous, doesn't mean I'm afraid of the Slytherins. they're just a bunch of ego filled pureblood twits." the twins laughed.

"couldn't have said it better myself." Fred said with a grin.

most of the students went to roam the halls or go to the library after dinner, but since i had finished my homework already, unlike my doppleganger, we decided to go back to the common room.

i shrieked as the staircase moved and we were all jolted to the side. Harry and Ron bolted up the into the corridor to get off the movie stairs of death and Hermione and i followed them.

"isn't this the third floor?" i whispered to Ron. he huffed and just walked faster. "what did i do to you?!" i screamed at him, tears threatening to flow. "what did i do to make you so mad?!" before he could come up with a clever way to ignore me, Filtch's cat appeared in front of us.

"run!" Ron yelled and we took off running behind him until we came to a door. "its locked!" he whined, shaking the handle.

"oh move over!" Hermione said and she shoved him to the side.

"Alohomora!" we said at the same time. i heard the lock click so i opened the wooden door and allowed Harry, Ron, and Hermione to run inside before i re-locked the door behind me.

i pressed my back against the door and held me breath until i was sure Filch had passed us and then i let out a sigh of relief. Ron, Harry, and Hermione we standing in front of me panting. i looked behind them and screamed.

standing a few feet away from us was a creature the size of a small bus. i had paws the size of our school tables and it head, no sorry, heads (there were three) we all looking at us. it growled.

i was thrown out of the way of the door and Harry helped me up and Ron ran past me and through the door. Hermione followed him close behind just as i had managed to scramble to my feet. I shoved the boy with the lightening scar ahead of me and managed to get a long scratch down my leg before i made it out of the room.

i tried to hide my wound but i was limping too much. "you're hurt." Harry looked at me concerned when we had made it safely out of the third floor corridor.

"i fine." i said, wincing. Ron had a pained look on his face, and i could tell he could feel it too. he hasn't said anything to me in almost a week. this is the longest he's been mad at me.

"what are they thinking?! keeping a thing like that locked up in school!" Ron said exasperated.

"you don't use your eyes, do you?" Hermione said to Ron. "it was standing on a trap door. its guarding something."

"its feet? i was a bit preoccupied with its heads. in case you didn't notice, there were three!" I said at the same time as Ron. he glared at me.

Harry and Hermione stared at us in amazement.

"i'm going to bed," she said taking my arm. "before either of you come up with another brilliant idea to get a killed. or worse, expelled!" she stomped off with her arm linked in mine.

"slow down." i said through gritted teeth.

"oh! you are hurt." she said noticing my leg. "does it hurt bad? we should take you to Madam Pomprefy." she decided.

"and say what? that the three headed dog on the third floor attacked me? that would only get us into trouble. besides," i said. "it doesn't hurt too bad."

"okay, if your sure." she looked at me skeptically.