chapter 2

"You're gonna make us late, Riles. Get up!" Ron shoved me off the bed and i landed on the floor.
"All right, all right, I'm up." i growled at him.
I skipped into the bathroom and locked the door. Mum had given me some of her makeup for Hogwarts. i took out the little black tube called mascara and swiped some on my lashes. when i was satisfied i set it aside to put in my bag for the train.
i grabbed my brush and ran it through my hair before braiding it to the side. i grabbed my brush and the black make up tube and ran back to my room to pack some last minute things.
I shoved my bathroom essentials along with my camera and my new wand into my messenger bag. i turned around and walked to the dresser Ron and i share for our muggle clothes.
i selected a white cropped shirt and some short overalls. i put them on hurriedly in case Ron came back and shoved my shoes on the wrong feet before running downstairs for breakfast.
I ran into mum on my way to the table. "good morning sweetie. now are you sure you're ready to start this year? i can talk to the headmaster and you can start next year if you want to." she smiled at me worriedly.
"im fine mum. i want to start this year." i gave her a reassuring smile before i sat down at the table next to Fred.
"Morning sis." he said ruffling my hair and causing some hair to fall out of the braid.
i glared at him before taking the one left over waffle. its a wonder i survive with all the boys eating everything in sight.
***
Fred helped me push my cart up to the platform.
"Fred! George!" mum called to them and they walked over to her. "i want you to watch out for Ron and especially Riley." her voice got softer but i still heard the last part. "you know how sensitive she is."
I blushed, embarrassed, but my older brothers nodded.
mum smiled and asked George to show us how to cross onto the platform.
he ran straight at the wall and i watched him run through it. Fred followed close behind him.
someone tapped my shoulder. i spun around and was face to face with a boy about Ron's height. he had unruly black hair and bright green eyes framed with round glasses. he was kind of cute.
mum came over to him smiling. "hello dear." she smiled. " is it your first time at Hogwarts?" he nodded and she smiled at him. "It's Ron and Riley's too."
"could you.." he stuttered pointing at the wall the twins had just run through.
"you want me to show you how to get onto the platform dear?" he nodded again.
"all you have to do is run straight at the wall in between platforms nine and ten. best to do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous."
he nodded and ran straight through the wall. Ron followed him.
mum helped me push my heavy cart and we ran through together. i opened my eyes just in time to see the train pull up to the platform. the bell rang and someone took my cart to put on the train. i shouldered my bag and Ron and I said goodbye to mum before he took my hand and led me onto the train.
all the compartments we passed were full. Fred and George had disappeared when they ran through, so much for watching out for us, and Percy was in a prefect meeting.
i turned to check a compartment behind me.
"Riley! Over here." i turned around and Ron gestured to me and slid the door open. "mind if we sit here?" he asked.
"everywhere else is full." i finished for him.
"sure." he smiled. it was the same boy from the platform.
we sat across from him and i took the window seat. i turned to face him when i realized who it was. "blimey! you're Harry Potter!" Ron and i chorused. i got quiet realizing that might have been rude. but he just smiled and nodded.
"do you have the- the.." i stuttered.
"oh!" he said realizing what i meant and lifting his bangs. i tried not to stare at the lighting shaped scar.
"Wicked." Ron and i mumbled simultaneously.
"anything from the trolley dears?" the trolley lady came to the door and asked.
"no thanks." Ron muttered. "we're all set." he said hold up the sandwiches mum had packed us and frowning.
Harry took one look at our faces and said "we'll take the lot." and handed her a handful of galleons.
"so you know who i am." he said offering Ron and i some chocolate frogs, which Ron took all of and left me one. "but what are your names?" he asked
"I'm Ron Weasley and this is my twin sister Riley." Ron said his mouth full. Harry laughed at my horrified expression.
"Ronald, you really are disgusting" i said to him and he stuck his chocolate covered tongue out at me.
the door to our compartment opened and a bushy haired girl stood in the doorway already dressed in her robes. "have any of you seen a toad? a boy named Neville has lost one."
"no sorry." i said smiling at her. she smiled back and took a seat next to Harry.
"I'm Hermione Granger." she said sticking out her hand.
"Riley Weasley." I responded and shook her hand.
she nodded to my brother. "whats your name?" she asked him.
"thats Ron. my twin brother." i answered for him because his mouth was still full of chocolate. she made a face at him.
"pleasure." she said before turning to Harry.
"im Harry Potter." he said to her. her eyes widened but she didn't say anything.
"you lot really ought to change. we're almost there." she said before walking out of our compartment.
I took her advice and put my robes on over my muggle clothes. Ron and Harry followed suit. We had just finished as the train pulled up to the platform in Hogsmade.
"First years! This way!"