Chapter 7

I had a bucket of water... And yes we all know where this is going.

"Wake up" I demanded. Do all people with DID sleep this much? Oh, my Gawd stops Hope... he has always slept like that.

I lean down and let my lips brush his ear. "If you don't get up right now you will become the definition of the ice bucket challenge"

He stirred in my bed smacking my hand away from his shoulder. Ugh looks like I'm flooding my bedroom again. I grab his ankle and drag him off the bed. His head thumped against the ground.

"What the hell, why can you not let me sleep?" He grabs my pillow from my bed. I snatch it away from him so he uses his arm as a pillow.

I shrugged it off and tip the bucket over his head. He jumped to his feet. Shivering. "You are the worse...I'm cold."

The water seeped into his shirt. Soaking it along with his pants and probably his... Oh, my Gawd stop stop stop. You can stop being a horny teenager for once.

"And drenched go put some dry clothes on. We need a chick flick marathon"

"But why not horror movies"

"I can't handle a horror movie right now after the week we just had... and they haven't caught the guy who killed Melanie"

He dropped the shirt he just had in his hands. "How could I of forgot Melanie"

"After seeing her like that I don't know who would want to remember she died maybe it's a defense mechanism" I repeated the last two words I read off the website when I found out about Lucas.

I try so hard. So so so hard to make everything normal between us but it just doesn't work how I'd like it too. Maybe someday in the distant future, we will get a hold on this whole thing.

"That's crazy." He shook his head at me.

"So are you" I laughed trying to lighten the mood.

"You think a chick flick will really help us..."

"I know it's an awful thing to say but it's not like we actually liked her. If we didn't see her die like that I don't think it would have affected us at all"

Every time I thought back to it. I didn't want to cry I wanted to scream and puke. I feel extremely guilty but then again I don't. I love Lucas and I did it for him. If he gets caught then he gets caught. I would get locked up longer than him. He can plead insanity. I wouldn't be able to pay for a lawyer better than a public attorney.

He left the room to change. I need to stop thinking like that if I think about it I'll slip up. It's not just my life on the line but Lucas's too. I need to act like everything is normal. It's going to be tough but we got this. Together we can do it.

He came back into the room. "What we watching. The kissing booth?"

"Um. No. I didn't like that too much maybe it's just because I thought Leo or whatever his name was hotter than his older brother what's his face. I am a sucker for the best friend romances, not the other shit" I said.

"Come on it was cute. I thought you'd love it since it's from Wattpad"

"All though most stories on Wattpad are amazing. Not all of them are my thing"

"But Noah was good for her." He whined.

"Oh, so what's his face is named Noah."

"Yes. It's sad I remember and you don't"

"Well, we watching to all the boys I loved before" I insist.

"Why we've seen it about 3 million times"