Chapter 3.

"Ooh I miss Starbucks" I said.

"There is one down the street G" She said.

Cherish slid on these thick wedges. They made her legs look longer and leaner. That's my girl. Tall and beautiful just like her grandma.

"Let's go grab a coffee before I leave for my date" She said.

"I thought you said you were in a hurry." I said.

"It's only around the block we can be there and back within 10 minutes." She said.

"I'm not going to cut my story short girl" I said.

"No one asked you too. Just go on please, I'm curious what everyone's reaction to them is" She said.

"Okay then here we go..." I said.

*The Story*

We pulled up into the school parking lot. I wasn't sure what to expect. It could go way A: Everyone looks our way when we leave the car and openly judge us. More Me than Lucas or way B: Nobody will look directly at us and talk shit but they will be plastic as ever and whisper as soon as we turn our backs to them. It is unclear which is worse.

"It is going to be okay just forget everyone else exist" I know you are trying to come off as sweet and thoughtful right now but, it isn't working.

"That is impossible with them around every corner waiting for you to face plant into them for there next snippet of gossip and that's ONLY the freshman" I said.

"Hold on" Did he just tell me to hold On? I have 0 patients. So this holds better be quick or I'm hanging up.

He crawled over the thing in the middle of the front and passenger seat. (I am not a car expert sue me). Then was looking under my backseat.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"You will see" I started doing the foot tap. I'm starting to act like mom I need to chill out.

He came back up and had sunglasses in his hands? Sunglasses really though.

"What are those for" I said.

"Your face duh" He said.

Lucas put his folded index finger under my chin and tilted my face up. That sounds familiar?. Nevermind that. He shook the glasses open with his other hand. I don't know what was happening but I'm like zoning. He put the shades on my face in a swift delicate and protective motion. My face was glass and could be broken at any moment.

"These will protect you" He had this shit eating grin on his face.

"Where are your magical Glasses, sir? To protect you from the heathens referred to as high schoolers." I said it in an even more than usual southern accent.

"Why right here ma'am" He put his on than crossed his arms dramatically.

"Yes work it girl" I tried to hide my giggles but I couldn't help it one bit. What's up with my giggling all the time?

Out of thin air, he kissed me AGAIN. This boy was making my heart go boom boom.

His lips tasted like a coffee and aftershave. The way he moved them across mine. He made me yearn for more. I smiled. He smiled. Lucas pulled back.

"Is this okay?" He actually asked if it was okay. He is a dreamboat. That's it I won't hear otherwise.

"To kiss me? Yeah. But only if we do this." I said.

"Do what" He said.

"That one thing..." I said.

"Be together like more than best friends you mean?" He asked.