Chapter 24 It's Begun

~Arcee's P.O.V~

I sat in between both my dad and Nico. The exhaustion from the last couple days seemed to kick in as I drifted in and out of sleep. "Arcee, go get some rest I'll watch your father and Nico." I heard my mom say from behind me.

"It's my fault they're involved in this. If I would have never stopped off at home that night then I wouldn't have dragged Dad and the rest of them here. Dad wouldn't have been tortured and Nico wouldn't be here because you wouldn't have had to call a favor in. This is all my fault." I stated as the drowsiness left me and the grief took over.

"None of this is your fault, Arcee." My mom said behind me placing a hand on my shoulder. We sat there for sometime before she walked off. I closed my eyes has my head hung low.

"You know... you should listen to your mother." My head snapped up and I saw my dad was awake and had a weak smile on his face.

"Daddy!" I chirped hugging him gently making sure not to hurt him. "You're awake!"

"Good to see you too, Baby Girl." He wrapped his arm around me. Once we separated a smile was still etched on my face. "So what'd I miss?"

"Well after they dragged me from the cage, I did the same thing I had done with mom when she came and picked me up and escaped." I said starting the tale. When I came to the part with the gods my dad's eyes went wide.

"You did what?"

I smiled sheepishly, "I stood up to the gods and told them that unless they help I'd walk and once Kronos and Gaia rise I'd let them get trapped in the pits of Tartarus. Honestly they didn't scare me, even though they were like 30 feet tall and all could have killed me in a flick of their wrist." I shrugged causing him to roll his eyes before I continued on with my story. Once I came to the part where we rescued all of them. I frowned trying to remember how exactly I managed to get next to Annalise. "Once I saw that you were hurt I freaked out. I charged towards her and the next thing I know I am standing right next to her trying to stab her. It hit her hip then she whacked me in the face with the the hilt of her handle. Nico grabbed me and you then did something to get us out of there." I informed him.

"It's called Shadow Traveling, Moon Girl." I heard a tired voice state.

I spun around seeing Nico, sitting up on the bed behind me. "Nico!" I gasped and without thinking I threw my arms around him. "You're okay!" I heard him chuckle and felt his arms wrap around me too. I smiled since both my boys were awake.

"I'm always okay." Nico replied as we separated, I saw the sweet smile I had grown so use to and the smile I grew so dependent on. That's when there was a loud explosion. I jumped upwards hitting my suit charm. Nico also jumped up and unsheathed his sword. As my suit enveloped me I looked back at my dad who was gritting his teeth as tried to sit up.

"Dad, don't we can't have you tearing your stitches. I promise this time I'll die before they can hurt any of you." I insisted. Nico stood next to me and even though I was wearing my suit I felt his hand intertwine with mine. I smiled and held his hand as well. Then I flipped my mask down.

Suddenly Artemis appeared in front of us. "Arcee. We're under attack, Annalise's forces are attacking the island."

My eyes widened. "Alright okay... Mom get everyone off the island. This is my fight." I decided. I bit my bottom lip in worry.

"Not this time Arcee. Leo was working on improving the Avenger's weapons so now they are ready to fight, Blade's all healed up and I already gathered the rest of my hunters. Today is the final battle. The never ending night." My mother stated but she no longer appeared like a kind-hearted mother, she looked more like a hardened soldier. I nodded.

"Alright then... This is it." I gulped as I decided on using my sword, which I sheathed, instead of my suit of armor. I saw Dad's armor in the corner, now in it's briefcase form. I walked over and grabbed it bringing it over to him. I helped him stand up. "Dad, I need you to wear this. I have to leave so I can't protect you and you're wounded. I want you to fly somewhere safe Dad. I want you to go to SHIELD. They can protect you until we return."

He stepped on it and bent down, I could tell he was ignoring the pain because of his gritted teeth. He placed his hands in it and pulled it up placing it on his chest then extending his arms. JARVIS did the rest. As soon as it was done he smirked. "You're not getting rid of me that easy sweetheart." Then his masked flipped down. I groaned, knowing there was no chance he'd listen.

"Fine just stay alive okay?" I smiled as he nodded and then activated his thrusters flying out. "Mom, I want a group of your archers in the trees, the rest of us will cover the ground." My mother nodded swiftly before she disappeared in a shimmer of silver.

I was about to walked out when Nico grabbed my wrist. He pulled my into him and kissed me. I kissed back, "Stay alive out there Moon Girl." He stated with a smirk.

"You too Death Breath." I smiled and we ran out of Calypso's house and into a battlefield. Little did I know that was the last time I'd see Nico.

A/N: Alright everyone I am back! I hope you like this chapter and I am sorry that it's a bit short but I needed this cliffhanger because well I am me. Anyways, I have the rest of the story written and it actually will only be 2 chapters more than the epilogue(If I decided I need one). I'll be posting the first half of the battle tomorrow and the last half on Sunday, so stay tuned! Anyways I hope you enjoy and don't forget to hit that vote button. Also don't be a silent reader I want to know what you guys think whether it's good or bad so please comment! :D

~Abby(DoT)