Chapter 23 Rescues

A/N: So I think maybe 5 more chapters(not including this one) till this book is over. Then I'll start Book 2 called Memories. You'll know why it's called that once I post the prologue. Which with the way I've been updating lately won't be much of a wait. I hope you guys enjoy chapter 23 of Crossbred. <3

I felt a wave of exhuastion was over my but I ignored it and activated my one-off lasers that was on the top of my armored hands. I went over to the door and shoved a heavy crate in front of it before I turned raised the one-off's and sliced through the lock on Clint's cage. I noticed Leo do the same thing to the other door. Then I cut Natasha, Bruce, Steve, Percy and Annabeth's. "Guys, where's Dad?" I demanded after I gave each of them a hug.

"They took him. They're trying to find out where you went I think." Natasha replied. Rage overtook me. No one hurts my family. No one. I started walking the other way. I heard banging on the door as I walked towards it.

"Change of plans. Mom get them out. I am going after Dad. Nico, Blade you're with me." I felt someone's hand wrap around my suit's arm. I turned to see Steve. Nat, Clint and Bruce stood right behind him.

"We're coming too." Steve stated. I wanted to smile at him but I couldn't. I couldn't risk losing them again.

"No, Uncle Steve, you're not. I can't lose you guys too. Just make sure you're there for my Dad when he returns okay?" I hugged him one last time. "Promise me." I whispered in his ear. Then I let go. "I love you all."

Before he could respond I saw my mom and the other Hunters grab each one of them then they disappeared. "Caly, Thalia, Leo, find the weapons but if things go south get out of here." The banging grew louder as I heard the crate shift slightly.

"There's no way we are ditching you and Death Breath." Leo argued.

"We'll be fine. Now go. Thalia I know I just met you and everything but keep on my Mom will ya?" I was grateful my mask was down so no one could see the tears that threatened to fall.

"Will do, Moon Girl." Thalia shot back. I saw that Leo went to argue but Calypso put a had on his arm and he shut up. I turned around and started walking the way we had been before. Thalia, Calypso and Leo turned the other way while Nico, Blade and I walked towards the door which revealed a hallway that led to the Throne Room. I rose a hand and blasted the crate just as I bent my knees a bit warming up my thrusters. Just as the creatures broke free I activated my thrusters and plowed through them, knocking some out and some out of the way. Nico and Blade were running after me. Blade was firing arrows at anyone that grew close and I noticed how her aim was almost perfect. Nico had his sword drawn it gave me the creeps. His sword looked to me like it was absorbing the light near it.

I reached back and grabbed the bow on the back of my suit, along with an arrow and I started firing it as I flew. My dad had made it so that when I suited up if I had my bow and quiver on my back it would keep them there. I continued firing and tried clearing the way for them as, we charged through the hall. I heard a howl in pain and I looked back to see Blade with a gash in her upper right arm. I could see down to the bone. I set a flight path to the rendezvous point then I deactivated my suit. "Nico cover us." I started and ran up to her placing the backpack on her back. I hit the button before she could say anything. Once the suit powered up it took off blasting a hole through the roof as Blade flew to safety. "Nico you should get out of here while you can."

"Not happening, Moon Girl. I am never leaving you." Just then a silver glow emitted from my neckline and my wrist. It grew brighter and brighter until I was even blinded by it. Then it dimmed down. In place was my bracelet and necklace. I smiled.

"Good because Thalia and the others found the weapons and they're with my mother." I smiled as I hit the fist shape charm, along with the arc reactor and shield charms. I smirked as I felt the strength flood into me. "Because it's only you and me." I slashed at Telchines that charged us and hit others in the face with my shield if needed. I sheathed my sword and pulled my shield off my arm and doing one of Cap's famous shield throws. It bounced of the wall then sliced through the remaining Telchines that blocked our way. It lodged itself into the wall near the door. As soon as I reached the door I yanked the shield out of the wall, unsheathed my sword and then kicked down the door. "Where is my father?!" I growled at the woman. I no longer cared for names all I wanted was my father.

"Ar...Arcee?" I heard a masculine voice say in a pained and weakened voice. My gaze tore to the ground where I saw my father on the ground with dried blood and gashes on his torso.

"You're dead!" I hissed and charged at her. "I am going to kill you! One thing you should know is to never fuck with my family." Telchine tried to attack Nico and I but I easily fought them off, an unspeakable rage flowed through me as I ran. Suddenly I was next to her and I jabbed my sword at her. It sliced through her side and she screamed. "Nico, get my dad out of here." I demanded as Annalise unsheathed a dagger from her hip. I slashed at her torso and she shifted back.

"I'm not going to leave you, Arcee." I heard Nico shot back. I growled then got smacked in the face by the but of Annalise's dagged. I started falling backwards but instead I landed on my hands and did a back handspring to where Nico and my dad was.

"Nico, you have to. Right now my dad's hurt and I can't fight worried about him. If you get him to my mom then I'll know he'll be okay." I spoke as I sheathed my sword and hit the buttons on my shield and sword, causing them to shift back into their charms. I was still using the super strength since theoretically I would also enhance my stamina and reflexs. I hit the my bow charm and my bow formed in my hand, the quiver on my back. I knocked an arrow and shot it at Annalise. It went through her achilles and pinned her to the ground. She screamed out in pain. That's when I felt Nico's hand on my shoulder. He spun me around and the next thing I knew his lips were against mine. I melt in his arms slight and kissed back.

He had to have done something because the next thing I hear is a loud wolf whistle and I tore away from Nico. I looked around and saw that we were back on Ogygia. I glared at Percy since it was only my mom, Percy and Annabeth that were outside. I looked at Nico and noticed he looked exhausted. His step wavered and he passed out. I caught him before he hit the ground and picked him up bridal style. I was definitely grateful for the super strength because there was no way I would have been able to carry him in my normal strength. I noticed my mom ran past me and straight to my father, who was barely awake. I smiled when I saw her pick him up. "Let's get our boys inside, sweetheart." I nodded and we carried them into Calypso's place. When we sat them down, I hit the fist charm and I returned to my normal, my mother and I went to get cold rags. Mainly so she could clean and bandage Dad's wounds and so I could wash of Nico's face.

"Mom, Blade showed up right?" I questioned. I didn't know for sure if it would have worked.

My mom nodded. "Yepp and she's all healed and patched up."

"Good. At least for now, we're all safe." I stated. Then I returned to Nico and my dad's bedside, making sure I'd be there for them both when they woke up.

Boy I didn't know just how wrong I was.