Chapter 15 Love Bites

I pulled into the amusement park where the River of Love was supposed to be in and right away I wanted to throw up. All you saw when you looked around was hearts and doves and pink. You heard me.

Pink!

I am sorry to all the girls out there that like that color but to me it is the worst color ever created and needs to go rot in the deepest, depths of Tartarus. Yes I hated that color that much. I am more of a purple, blue and silver gal myself so deal with my awesomeness. "So I am guessing Aphrodite will be in there, huh?"

"Yea, probably." Percy replied.

"Just probably? Really I have to suffer and stare at all this pink for just a probably?!" I groaned as I pulled my fish-tail bread back behind my head instead of having it rest on my shoulder like it had been previously. I glanced down at my reactor to see if you could see it from my shirt but my shirt was too thick and too dark, so it didn't work. I grabbed a small flashlight from my back pack as did the others and we slowly marched inside the River of Love. It must have been shut down for the mere fact that all the water was gone and the boats weren't on the track. I smiled nervously, "Uhhh Percy if something jumps out and tries to eat us I am throwing you to them."

"That's not funny, Arcee," He replied. I could hear people snickering behind me.

"Apparently they think it is." I replied in a duh tone. I hit the arc reactor charm on my necklace and my sword came out. The Celestial Bronze emitted a soft glow which caused me to smile slightly as I crept further into the tunnel, the others spread out behind me, except of course my father, whom stood right next to me. I glanced over at him and smiled brightly. "Thanks for everything, Daddy!" I chirped happily.

In all honesty out of all the bad shit that has happened in my life my dad was always there for me. No matter what and I'm truly grateful for that. "No problem, Kiddo." He replied reaching over and ruffling up my hair.

I squealed, "Not the hair!" I growled as they started laughing.

"Ah finally the teenage finally worries about her appearance." A new voice rang through the tunnels. It was pretty and seemed to flow with love. I raised my sword and pointed my flashlight towards the only to see a form walking towards us. She looked to be in her early to mid-20's and had flowing blonde hair. Her eyes were blue like the sea and her white dress seemed to almost look like sea foam gently rolling on the shore.

"Who are you?!" I demanded. I glanzed over my shoulder to see Percy, had his sword readied, Annabeth was as well but she used a dagger. Clint had his bow knocked and drawn back. Natasha had her guns raised; Thor's hammer was also raised slightly. Bruce had stepped back a bit and my father had his briefcase on the ground his foot ready to step in.

"Don't you know me, dear? I mean you are looking for me after all." The woman spoke and started to glow a rosey pink.

"Close your eyes and turn away!" I heard Percy and Annabeth shout. I did so just as a brightness flashed over and illuminated the tunnel. I prayed everyone one else did the same.

"Everyone okay?" I call out as the brightness seemed to dissipate.

"Yea," I head Clint mumble.

"I am good." Nat replied.

"Fine." Steve's voice rang through the tunnel.

"Peachy." My dad said.

"We're good." Annabeth informed us.

"Aye." Thor said.

"Good." I replied turning my head towards the woman who, I've decided was either Aphrodite or some crazy psycho maniac with weird powers. It could have also been Enchantress but Enchantress has green eyes. I narrowed my eyes the chick. "Who are you? Are you Aphrodite?"

"You have intelligents, much like you're father I see." Aphrodite spoke. "Why are you searching for me Daughter of Artemis?"

"We need your help to find Ogygia. It's the only way I can prove that I am not as forbidden as you Immortals believe, and prevent the world from experiencing World War 3." I pleaded slightly. Suddenly the light in the tunnel turned on and off to the side there was a large table. It looked to be large enough to seat all of us.

"Let's have a seat and chat shall we?" She said elegantly before walking over to the table, her heels barely making a sound on the ground. All 9 of us followed. I sat down closest to the Goddess and Clintasha were on my left, Dad was across from me, Percabeth was next to him. Steve was next to Bruce whom was next to Natasha. Thor sat across from Bruce. Tea and crumpets appeared on the table along with a few candles.

"Okay, Sorry Lady A, but we are kinda on the clock and don't have a lot of time." I spoke, my voice held a dangerous amount of annoyance. I heard someone cough and I turned my head towards Percy, who was shaking his head at me, like he was telling me to stop. I glared at him then return my attention to Aphrodite.

"Patience, dear. Love takes time." Aphrodite replied then poured herself some tea. She added some sugar all the while taking her sweet time. I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"So, are you telling me that the saying love at first sight is a lie?" I asked deciding to play a slight game.

"Oh you naïve little girl, you misinterpret my words. Without patience love would cease to exist. Without patience no one would be married, no one would be in a relationship longer than 5 minutes. I have seen you mortals, claiming to be in love but most the time you just use one another, wither it be for money or just for a companion to fend off loneliness." Aphrodite spoke, annoyance laced her voice.

I just stared at the goddess and rolled my eyes, "Sorry, but love isn't my thing, so can we just finish this. Gaia won't wait for us to finish our tea and our crumpets."

"Oh I know that much. Do you take me to be a fool?" Aphrodite asked glaring at me.

"Nope, but I do know that you are wasting time for something. So tell me. What is it you want before you will help us?" I said leaning towards her slightly, giving her the most serious look ever.

This made her smirk. "I want an act of true love. I want to see Clintasha over there become legally married."

~A/N: SOOOO!? What will the couple say? Eh, don't ask me cuz I don't know well at least not yet anyway. I promise to try and get another chapter posted by next weekend. It just depends on my teachers and how much homework they assign.

~TashaRayBarton